Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally picked her up yesterday, silver.

First impressions are all positive.

o Unexpected bonus are all the storage compartments - between the sunvisors, in front of the center console, two glove compartments. Wow, I can finally stow my sunglasses.

o Visibility is good - had some reservations when I tested the car, but not a problem in real world driving.

o Found myself stopping 2 feet short of my intended garage parking spot - felt like I was about to hit the wall with my front bumper, and had pleny of clearance with that stubby front end.

o No problem pulse-driving so far. Not sure why some make such a big deal of this. It seems quite straight forward, and nice to see that MPG bar top out now and again.

More observation will likely follow in a week or so. I'm happy.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Congratulations. I've had my Prius 10 months now and that "stubby front" end still gives me problems. (I'm very short though, so that doesn't help. )More than once I've gotten out of the car to make sure I'm up far enough to avoid someone hitting me from behind.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Congratulations!!! We've had our 2005 silver Prius for almost 9 months now and have over 7000 problem-free miles on it so far. You'll love it. We've not yet been lower than 45 MPG for a tank of gas and we've gotten over 50 MPG per tank at times in the summer. Our lifetime average is currently 48.7 MPG.

My only mild disappointment so far is that I can usually only get 7 or 8 gallons of gas in the tank when filling up - even when the the last pip is blinking. It'd really be nice if I could get 11+ gallons in the tank and increase the driving range per tank of gas somewhere close to 600 miles. But I still usually get somewhere between 350 miles(winter) to 460miles(summer) per fillup and that's still very good.

Enjoy!!! 8)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.