Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been telling everyone that Daihatsu would bring out the UFE-III this year! :D

For my money, it's the star of the show: a 4 seater car capable of 208 mpg (UK), 173 mpg (US).

Other hybrids present:
Toyota Estima (Sienna) hybrid - with 110V accessory outlet
Daihatsu HVS - 80 mpg hybrid roadster
Lexus LF-Sh - big car
Mercedes-Benz Bluetec Hybrid - 155 mph and 31 mpg (presumably not at the same time!)
Mazda Tribute Hybrid - SUV

(All above almost certain to go into production soon)

Mazda Senku - rotary engine hybrid with roof mounted transluscent solar cells to top up battery
Subaru B5-TPH - boxer-hybrid like a legacy
Tokyo R&D Vemac RD408H hybrid Racecar - 600 bhp engine, 200 bhp electric. Looks very nice!

To see these and more, click the slideshow view link here:

http://reviews.cnet.com/4520-11443_7-6357378-1.html?tag=nl.e723

·
Registered
36 Posts
Bring that Sienna Hybrid to the US (and even better give us all wheel drive option), and it will be the second car in the driveway, replacing a Honda CR-V. It would be killer, and may even outsell the Prius. Especially as Taxi's!

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
The Estima isn't the Sienna, it's the Previa. It's smaller than the Sienna, maybe somewhere between the old and current Sienna in terms of size.

·
Premium Member
2,815 Posts
Tideland Prius said:
The Estima isn't the Sienna, it's the Previa. It's smaller than the Sienna, maybe somewhere between the old and current Sienna in terms of size.
In Japan, Toyota has two hybrid minivans available - the Estima (called the Previa in the US), and the Alphard. The Alphard is the THS-II system, while the Estima is the older THS-C/E-Four design.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Yep. I just wished we had the Estima. It looks sooo cool.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Until you've seen the Estima :lol:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts