Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I still have not been able to find a single CD that displays titles. I've tried new ones, old ones, CDs burned with Roxio, but nothing ever appears.

Am I missing something?

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
In Roxio, you need two things. First, a CD burner that supports CD-Text (many don't). Second, you need to add the text before you burn, since the original CDs usually lack it also.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Really?

You learn something new every day.

I didn't know the titles would display.

I burned duplicates of my original CDs with my MAC and iTunes. They do have titles on the CD. So now I should play one and see if the titles display. Too cool!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How do you add the texts before you burn?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Hybrid SACD's (hybrid -- that's good) have text.

They probably cost more and are somewhat hard to find. So, forget about it!

8)

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
My drive at work doesn't allow it, so the menu isn't there for me to check. But if you look under CD Properties, you should see a CD-Text Enable button. Then you should be able to enter the data, or download it from the net.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Yeah, but is there a way to tell the Prius to display titles as the default?

If you have them displayed and then power down, next time you turn the car on, you have to tell it to display titles again.

DGStan

·
Registered
93 Posts
dgstan said:
Yeah, but is there a way to tell the Prius to display titles as the default?

If you have them displayed and then power down, next time you turn the car on, you have to tell it to display titles again.

DGStan
The Prius will automatically display titles if the CD has it. For example, Pearl Jam's Rearview Mirror CD displays titles.
I don't believe iTunes will record CD with CD-Text. But as an option, Toast will and it does work.

Bob

Attachments

·
Registered
232 Posts
i've been using itunes (pc) to burn cd's........... and have all the "info" filled in for each song....however......nothing showing up on my MFD when playing them! sigh!

·
Premium Member
888 Posts
That has been a standing complaint of the burning software in iTunes, that it doesn't support CDText. To support CDText you need burning software seperate from iTunes, such as Toast or Nero. Since EZCDcreator is made by the same folks at Toast, I would suspect that it can also burn CDText enabeled CDs.

With CDText burned CDs or ones from the factory that have the text the display will track information.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts