Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at Bridgestone Tires for my Prius. The Insignia SE200 and the Ecopia EP 100. The Ecopia is suppose to be better for gas mileage, but may wear faster. Anyone had experience with either of these tires?

·
Registered
215 Posts
No experience with those, but I am very happy with our Goodyear Assurance Fuel Max. Michelin Energy Savers supposedly have the best rolling resistance, but also likely lower treadlife, similar to the Ecopia's.

PA P

·
Registered
884 Posts
There are lots of threads on tires on this site. Personally, I am on my second set of Michelin HydroEdges, which are rated for 80k miles treadwear. The biggest thing with any brand of tires is to keep them pumped up. The HydroEdges are rated at 44 psi, and I have always run 44/42. Mileage on our 2002 is averaging about 51-53 city, now that the air conditioning season is about over.

The first set ran about 65k miles and would have run longer, but I removed them early because of a roadtrip. Although, there was still about 10-15k left on them, I didn't want to run them in the Arizona heat on a trip through Yuma in August (115+ degrees). I have about 30k on the current set, and they have a lot of miles left on them.

They're great here in Arizona, but might not work so well for you if you live in snow country...

·
Registered
42 Posts
I live in Wisconsin we we definitely have more snow then you do. I bought my Nokians about a year ago. I run 42 in the front and 40 in the rear. The ride is much smoother and quieter then the original Goodyears. The mileage is a little better and the secure traction in rain, snow and just general driving have me convinced that I did the right thing buying them. Whether or not you decide to do the same is up to you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts