Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have experience with either Goodyear Viva or Goodyear
Regatta 2 tires? I need to replace my tires on a 2004 with 29k miles.
Any advice??? thanks

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
How did you get so few miles on them tires? I have 52K on mine, and probably can get to 60, maybe even beyond that.

Check what the warranty is on the tire. You may be able to at least get a credit on them.

·
Registered
4,873 Posts
Ditto on the Integrities. I'll probably be replacing mine with a new set at around 50,000. Have you had yours rotated religiously at the 5,000 miles recommended by Toyota.
I've never encountered tire rotation figures suggested under 20,000 miles before I bought the prius but my service manager was adamant about the 5,000 mile rotations and I won't argue "with the boss." They should know the capabilities of their suspension systems.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I had to replace my Integrities at 20K miles. They were nearly bald. The tires were rotated every 5000 miles (well, not at 20... they were trashed) and the alignment was checked at 10K miles because they seemed to be wearing early. Alignment was fine. I do not drive aggressively. Those tires were simply awful. No traction on snow, in rain. I was actually glad they needed to be replaced. Defective lot? I can't even begin to imagine getting 60K miles out of them... I've put a set of Comfortreads on and have been very pleased with them so far (about 2K miles worth). Better traction, quieter, no loss of mileage.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Tires too

I have 32K miles on my 2005 OEM tires. I can see the wear bars, but they still pass the "penny test". I'll probably get at least 50,000 miles before I have to replace them.

·
Registered
209 Posts
stevesol said:
I had to replace my Integrities at 20K miles. They were nearly bald. The tires were rotated every 5000 miles (well, not at 20... they were trashed) and the alignment was checked at 10K miles because they seemed to be wearing early. Alignment was fine. I do not drive aggressively. Those tires were simply awful. No traction on snow, in rain. I was actually glad they needed to be replaced.
I had about the same experience. I got Michelin Hydroedges at around 30K miles and I love them. Traction during the winter was so much better than the OEM tires, even when OEM were new, that it's incomprehensible to me why they would put those Integrities on the car in the first place. I noticed a very small initial decrease in mileage with the new tires which disappeared within a few weeks after they broke in. Wear seems much more reasonable as well.

Susan
04 silver BC

·
Registered
736 Posts
tires

I have over 62,000 miles on my original Integrities, and am about to replace them. I've gotten a price of $58 each from my local tire store, and think I will go with them again. I plan to sell my '04 as soon as I can get my hands on an '06, so I want fresh rubber on it to help with resale. I have rotated them at 5,000 mile intervals, and had one alignment done at about 56,000 when I noticed a little uneven wear.

4/12/06 1:45pm
OK, just did the changeover at 62,468 miles. With all the rain we have been having in So. Cal., I decided it just wasn't worth the risk to keep going with the wear indicators showing, but the tread not down all the way to them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.