Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At the 15K toyota service, my toyota agent said i needed new tires. I have Goodyear Integrity tires that, according to Goodyear, are warranteed to 50k miles. Toyota does not warrantee the tires, nor does Goodyear on a new car. The dealership replaced two tires, but not all four. Do any of you have unusually early wear on your tires?

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
There should be a Goodyear warrantee pamphlet that came with the owner’s manual. Check it over to see what is covered. Did you rotate the tires every 5000 miles as recommended by Toyota? If you have been doing that, there is something definitely wrong with your alignment, or you have not been maintaining proper inflation in the tires. Those tires should take you well over 15K miles.

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
42K miles, still have decent tread. Probably will need replacement about 55K-60K.

I do believe Goodyear is supposed to warranty the tires assuming the car's condition (alignment, inflation, rotation) didn't cause the premature wear.

·
Registered
344 Posts
have your alignment checked. our rear tires are wearing funny and it turned out we need a rear shim. we have one of the first prii in the country to get a rear shim.

once he gets around to putting it in, that is.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts