Toyota Prius Forum banner

Tips on purchasing a used 2008 TOYOTA PRIUS (salvage title)

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Kaurenter 
#1 · (Edited)
HELLO HERE IS MY UPDATE

Thank you @allenzhang.drs for your suggestions I decided to obtain a detailed vehicle history report, just to be sure.

To my surprise, the report revealed several red flags. The mileage on the car had been rolled back, indicating that the odometer had been tampered with. Additionally, the car had 3 owners which could potentially lead to hidden damage or poor maintenance. Finally, and perhaps most concerning, the car had been involved in an accident in the past.

Needless to say, I was incredibly disappointed and decided not to go through with the purchase. While it was tempting to overlook these issues and hope for the best, the risks were simply too high. I couldn't justify putting myself and others on the road at risk, especially when there are so many other vehicles available that have clean history reports and are free of these issues.

Here is the link to the report: Vehicle History Report for VIN: JN8AS5MV7CW417459

Below are some images:

Car Vehicle Grille Hood Wheel

Car Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

======================================================================
Hello everyone,

I am looking to buy a used car and I found one that meets my budget and needs. It is a 2008 TOYOTA PRIUS with a 4-Cyl. 1.5L engine. The price is $7,200 and the title status is Salvage. I am not sure if this is a good deal or not and I would really appreciate some advice.

What do you think? Should I buy this car or not? I am looking for a reliable vehicle that won't cost a lot of money in maintenance and repairs. Is this car a good option? I know that it has a salvage title, but what do you think the risks are of buying such a car?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
Car Automotive parking light Land vehicle Vehicle Grille

Car Wheel Automotive parking light Land vehicle Tire

See less See more
#2 ·
Hello everyone, I am looking to buy a used car and I found one that meets my budget and needs. It is a 2008 TOYOTA PRIUS with a 4-Cyl. 1.5L engine. The price is $7,200 and the title status is Salvage. I am not sure if this is a good deal or not and I would really appreciate some advice. What do you think? Should I buy this car or not? I am looking for a reliable vehicle that won't cost a lot of money in maintenance and repairs. Is this car a good option? I know that it has a salvage title, but what do you think the risks are of buying such a car? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you! View attachment 2502 View attachment 2503
Just go to Autotrader.com for comparable cars. Easy. my gut feeling is that it’s way too expensive for this car

#3 · (Edited)
Thank you @allenzhang.drs for your suggestions I decided to obtain a detailed vehicle history report, just to be sure.

To my surprise, the report revealed several red flags. The mileage on the car had been rolled back, indicating that the odometer had been tampered with. Additionally, the car had 3 owners which could potentially lead to hidden damage or poor maintenance. Finally, and perhaps most concerning, the car had been involved in an accident in the past.

Needless to say, I was incredibly disappointed and decided not to go through with the purchase. While it was tempting to overlook these issues and hope for the best, the risks were simply too high. I couldn't justify putting myself and others on the road at risk, especially when there are so many other vehicles available that have clean history reports and are free of these issues.

Here is the link to the report: Vehicle History Report for VIN: JN8AS5MV7CW417459

Below are some images:

Car Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

Car Vehicle Grille Hood Wheel