Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyoen else noticed that if you touch the interior panels, it leaves marks. anyone put a guard or spray of some kind to eliminate this? anyone want to recommend a good cleaner that cleans and doesn't leave a crappy after effect like the gross shiny finish.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the plastics on the door... just above the arm rest. all that plastic.. and even the dash... if people touch it, it leaves marks. someone recommened i scotch guard the seats... but what to do with the plastics.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Armor-All makes a matt-finish (not glossy) dressing. Don't use it myself, but thought I'd bring this to your attention.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I just cleaned my interior for the first time yesterday. Upon the recommendations listed elsewhere on the Prius boards, I used a wet microfiber cloth (no soap, but sometimes a little glass cleaner on the microfiber cloth) on all of the plastic on the dash, arms, center console, multi-functional display, etc. I had many greasy fingerprints on the dashboard and elsewhere. As I wiped with the wet cloth I could see the greasy fingerprints darken through the moisture. I immediately wiped with a dry microfiber cloth, and to my amazement the greasy prints no longer showed. If I rubbed it again with the wet cloth, however, the prints showed through the moisture again, but dissipated as it dried. As long as the prints don't show when it is dry, I am pretty satified with that. I'm a bit too nervous to try any chemicals/products that might stain the panels. My car looks like new again. :wink:

·
Registered
14 Posts
BIF said:
Armor-All makes a matt-finish (not glossy) dressing. Don't use it myself, but thought I'd bring this to your attention.
I would not use Armor-All on anything on my car if you're planning on keeping it longterm. Does more harm than good.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the only thing i'm using so far is a cloth designed to clean glasses. I use it on the face of the sterio and the Multi Display Screen. It does a very good job. I clean it once very other day. It works great and only cost me 6 bucks. I should get almost a half a years worth of use out of it. As for the rest of the interior.. so far i just wiped it with a damp towel when i washed my car the other day. I'll probably wash my car once a week. Everything is staying pretty clean.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Richard-
There is some confusion about microfiber. I bought some from Staples that are made for cleaning computer screens. They came 12 to a pack, and they were sort of like fluffy paper. Very wimpy. They worked ok on the screen, but left little fuzzies on the rough part of the dash.
I bought some others (Bed Bath and Beyond, can't remember what they were called, but I think they are made by 3m,) that are like large wash cloths. They work very well on all surfaces. They are washable, and are good at removing fingerprints from the doors when slightly damp.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Thought I'd pass on an accidental tip- I'm using Stoner's Invisible Glass cleaner on my Prius windows per a recommendation in this forum- works better than anything I've ever used. Very necessary on both sides of that huge sloped windshield!

Anyway, I've noticed the same thing mentioned above about fingerprint marks on the door plastic. While cleaning the interior of the windows yesterday, I got some Stoner's on the door plastic- and when I wiped it up, the greasy prints wiped away too. No residue, just door back to fingerprint-free normal. Cool!

·
Registered
381 Posts
richard schumacher said:
Uhh, could someone name some specific brands of "microfiber" cloths? I'm not sure what these things are in the local Target.
I'm using Quantaray microfiber lens cleaning cloths that I picked up at a local camera store for $4.99; I keep one in the glove box of each car.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts