Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any specific recommendations for tinting the back window? It's help the carpeting and cool down the car a lot, I think. Any recommended installer in the Long Beach area??

·
Registered
215 Posts
smtrader said:
Any specific recommendations for tinting the back window? It's help the carpeting and cool down the car a lot, I think. Any recommended installer in the Long Beach area??
Well, if Signal Hill is close enough to LB for ya...
We've actually discussed this to some length on PriusChat and someone else has already taken my advice. I love these guys!

Here's the link to the thread over there!

http://www.priuschat.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3712

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
tinting

Thanks, Brad...I'll check it out! Signal Hills is not far from my in-laws in Lakewood.

Have you by chance considered side molding? I noticed that the doors are so 'bare' and want to mininize dings as long as I can.

:) As a new owner, I love this BB!!

·
Registered
22 Posts
you'll love having tinted the windows - it really does help keep the car cooler, and with the slightly darker tint in the back seat windows and back window, it's harder to see in which means regardless of what you leave out on the back seat, the car just looks a bit "neater" (as well as the safety issue).

We put a strip of bumper guard along both sides of our white one and absolutely love it. Got it from Maaco. Has already helped with the "Wal-Mart dings" and I really like the looks. ... well worth it on both questions, IMHO. :D

·
Registered
12 Posts
smtrader said:
Just a thought- if you have NAV (and I can't log-on to TIS right now-frustrating- and can't remember the location) and its' antennae is mounted under the package tray you don't want to use any type of metallic impregnated window tint as this can affect GPS signalling.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
side molding

jsp,

Did you mean bumper guard on your bumper or on the side of your doors? What type of molding did you get from Maaco? Did colors match? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
toyomantrains said:
smtrader said:
Just a thought- if you have NAV (and I can't log-on to TIS right now-frustrating- and can't remember the location) and its' antennae is mounted under the package tray you don't want to use any type of metallic impregnated window tint as this can affect GPS signalling.
This has already been posted before. In the 2004 Prius, the NAV GPS transceiver "sees" out the front windshield, not the rear. Go ahead and tint the back window as dark as you please (within the law, of course).

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just tinted my windows at a place in Cypress...all windows, lifetime warranty, for $135! I'm thrilled. :lol: Called Made in the Shade. Check it out!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts