Toyota Prius Forum banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Re: You're crazy NOT to tint the windows

wizardbill said:
With all of those windows, you'ld be crazy not to get them tinted. I got my complete car done at one of the best shops in the bay area for $250, so it's not that much money

Where did you get your tint done, I"m in San Jose Area... thanks.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I just got the Huber Optik Cermic 30 installed. It is 35% VLT so had it put on all windows. Now that temps have reached 105 deg I am glad. It reflects 61% of solar energy back so I basically have my A/C on setting 1 or 2 when temps hit 100+ deg. :D Had I known they had a Drei grade which is 34% VLT and reflects 70% I would have gotten that one I think (not sure on the price though).

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am in the SO CAL area (Rancho Santa Mrgarita). I just got me a 2005 Prius (WHITE) last sunday with all the bells and whisltes except for the tint glass. Is there a good place around Orange county to get windows tinted and what kind of film and how dark looks good for a white Prius.

Love the car.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Re: That's Irrelevant, tint the front side windows anyway

dgstan said:
I got pulled over by the CHP the other day. I was going 68 MPH on the freeway where the speed limit is 65 MPH. I was absolutely the SLOWEST vehicle on the road.
[...]
1. I am white.
2. She said nothing about my tinted driver/passenger windows.
Are you SURE that the lack of CHP visibilityof the driver didn't contribute to the pullover? The last time I got a ticket for "driving the same speed as everyone else and getting caught at it" I was a student and had a rather dispreputable-looking truck. I am also white, and female. They do some kind of snap judgement when pulling people over... although this does sounds lik a desperate need to meet a ticket quota. Interesting that the tint itself didn't get a comment.

·
Registered
370 Posts
manolomm said:
I am in the SO CAL area (Rancho Santa Mrgarita). I just got me a 2005 Prius (WHITE) last sunday with all the bells and whisltes except for the tint glass. Is there a good place around Orange county to get windows tinted and what kind of film and how dark looks good for a white Prius.

Love the car.
Hi Neighbor!

I'm in Trabuco Canyon. I had my Tideland tinted at Tint Plus in Laguna Hills (right off the 5 at Lake Forest). They also have a RSM location, but that's just one guy, whereas the LH is their main shop. I found them by calling the local Lexus dealer and asked them who they use.

http://www.tintplus.com/index.html

I paid around $230, which is more than some have reported paying but I'm very happy. They said they had done several Prius' and while I don't remember the type or % of the tint I got, I do remember the guy there said it was their most popular tint. It wasn't the cheapest type and it wasn't their top-of-the-line ceramic.

Let me know if you need any more info or if you'd like to see it. I could always meet you at the local Prius hot spot (Trader Joe's).

DGStan

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just called Tintplus and I scheduled for a tint. I am not sue about the film name but he told me its the best they have. He is charging me $300 and said thats with a $30 off. He also mentioned increaasing the price after the first of June. I will post pics when the tint is done.

Also, is there a way to install a DVD system for the Prius and where can I go and check some accessories.

Love the car and all the bells and whistles. I have the BC option.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Rupert,

FYI, this site is not as active as it once was; and you should note that the post to which you are responding is nine years old.

There is a lot of troubleshooting and repair info in the archives, but the few members that remain visit infrequently; and consequently, they are slow to respond.

If you are having problems or have questions about your Prius, we welcome your input. However, if you need fast response or wish to chat with other Prius owners, you may wish to also search other Prius forums, like the one below.

Welcome to PriusOnline.com!

==========

http://www.priuschat.com

·
Registered
3 Posts
I bought a 2017 Toyota Prius 3 T. I installed my EZPASS just before heading out to New England for the holidays..Never had a single problem with its use or function going thru any number of toll-gate in NY , PA etc..I follow the written instruction for it's placement.

41 - 52 of 52 Posts