Toyota Prius Forum banner

21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
9 Posts
[quote="jimb"}Thanks for the website, I will check them out. 2 Pri here, plural ?[/quote]

Singular: Prius

Plural: Prii
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
37 Posts
Re: Window Tint Picture #1

jimb said:
Is the front passenger's window tinted or is that the factory tint?
jimb,

Yes, the front side windowsare tinted. Illegal here in CA but installer said he hasn't had any problems using the light tint. He even has this combination on his truck and car.

I have noted a big difference in inside temps between my Mazda (tinted rears only) and the Prius after sitting in the sun all day.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,668 Posts
Who is mfg of the paint protection? I went to Llumar's site, and they discuss only the window tint products.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
37 Posts
Sanny said:
Who is mfg of the paint protection? I went to Llumar's site, and they discuss only the window tint products.
The manufacturer of my Paint Protection film is CPFilms using the Llumar brand (Same manufacturer for the FormulaOne tint films). The links on Llumar's website are difficult to navigate. Here's the link you need to use.

http://www.llumar.com/na-eng/Automotive/auto-paint.html

BTW, it has a LIFETIME warranty.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
53 Posts
You're crazy NOT to tint the windows

With all of those windows, you'ld be crazy not to get them tinted. I got my complete car done at one of the best shops in the bay area for $250, so it's not that much money (all the windows, including the little front window and the rear window below the spoiler).

If you don't tint the windows, it will be hot inside, AND your car will look like it doesn't have the windows tinted!!!

p.s. they didn't tint your front windows, so take it back to whomever did your window tinting and tell them that they didn't finish the job!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,668 Posts
Re: You're crazy NOT to tint the windows

wizardbill said:
...p.s. they didn't tint your front windows, so take it back to whomever did your window tinting and tell them that they didn't finish the job!
Illegal to have front windows tinted in NJ.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
53 Posts
That's Irrelevant, tint the front side windows anyway

That's irrelevant, tint the driver and passenger side windows anyway. If you're white, they aren't going to pull you over unless you drive like a maniac, and you probably don't drive like a maniac if you bought a Prius (there are exceptions like the kid who said he drove 117 MPH everywhere he went).

If you're brown, the Pxxs are going to pull you over anyway, http://www.counterpunch.org/moses04262005.html , so it doesn't really matter.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,668 Posts
Re: That's Irrelevant, tint the front side windows anyway

wizardbill said:
...If you're white, they aren't going to pull you over unless you drive like a maniac...If you're brown, the Pxxs are going to pull you over anyway ...so it doesn't really matter.
I'm not going to play this game. :!:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,166 Posts
So Wizardbill, are you saying you are volunteering to pay Sanny's fine and any other expenses he may incur if he is forced to comply with the law, should he get stopped and fined? Many have testified that their states were big sticklers about tinting, and there were even reports of those traveling through a state having a problem where the tinting didn't comply, though it complied with their home state.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,668 Posts
hyperion said:
There's a darn good reason for not allowing front windows to be tinted in some states and the fine is the least of your worries. You could get "shot."
The police today like to get a good look at any one they have to "pull over." I doubt that "Sanny" would have a problem!
You mean to say I look better through tinted windows? :oops:

:wink:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Tint on Hatch?

I didn't see anyone address the issue of visibility out of the rear hatch. I just got my Prius on Saturday - so I don't have that much experience yet. I intend to tint my windows - Colorado allows tint to 28% light tranmission - great for the sunny high country! My question is - how does tint on the rear hatch affect the already limited visibility out the back? Does anybody see this as an issue? Thanks!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
37 Posts
Re: Tint on Hatch?

rickturl said:
I didn't see anyone address the issue of visibility out of the rear hatch. I just got my Prius on Saturday - so I don't have that much experience yet. I intend to tint my windows - Colorado allows tint to 28% light tranmission - great for the sunny high country! My question is - how does tint on the rear hatch affect the already limited visibility out the back? Does anybody see this as an issue? Thanks!

After I first got tinted the rear hatch had some distortion. I've had the tint now for about 3 weeks (most likely fully cured now) and the hatchback is crystal clear now... With one exception. I've noticed that when I see a reflection of something in the rear cargo area that area looks sort of distorted... But not all that noticeable as I was looking for anything that would cause a distortion. At night it's crystal clear and my autodiming rearview mirrow still works like a charm.

I really find that the Pinnacle is crystal clear compared to the tint I had put on the Mazda back in 1998. Not sure what it was. Have to find the original receipts.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
154 Posts
Re: Tint on Hatch?

rickturl said:
My question is - how does tint on the rear hatch affect the already limited visibility out the back? Does anybody see this as an issue? Thanks!
I did not find any difference. It's OK to do it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
370 Posts
Re: That's Irrelevant, tint the front side windows anyway

wizardbill said:
That's irrelevant, tint the driver and passenger side windows anyway. If you're white, they aren't going to pull you over unless you drive like a maniac, and you probably don't drive like a maniac if you bought a Prius (there are exceptions like the kid who said he drove 117 MPH everywhere he went).
I'm not going to comment on the tone or logic of this comment, but I do have a story:

I got pulled over by the CHP the other day. I was going 68 MPH on the freeway where the speed limit is 65 MPH. I was absolutely the SLOWEST vehicle on the road.

The reason I was given for the stop was that I didn't have license plates. The car was new, the CHiP checked my paperwork and sent me on my way.

1. I am white.
2. She said nothing about my tinted driver/passenger windows.

DGStan
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
dontcheff said:
Here are three pictures of my tinted windows:
Dontcheff, what percentage tint you have is that the Limo #5 or 5% tint or the 20% , it looks nice...
 
21 - 40 of 52 Posts
Top