Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wonder how many hours a day Prius enthusiasts spend reading and contributing to the various Prius forums? Being semi-retired I spend 2 /3 hours just reading this forum and the UK one. If I go away for a few days it takes forever to catch up on all the discussions. Some people must put a lot of time in giving considered replies to the many questions posed. It’s great that we speak the same language. The thread re price of 'gas' was very illuminating (and scary)

·
Registered
86 Posts
I prefer this one!

I'm a Londoner!

·
Registered
249 Posts
The Gran Jury

The Gran Jury:

If you check the top ten Prius's members in terms of amount of posts, you will not believe it. They are Godfathers, Gurus and Soldiers.
In order to have over 500 posts you must be at least 8 hours a day online and typing. Those guys constitute our customer service. What a job!!! they do.

·
Premium Member
2,815 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Re: The Gran Jury

Rmarchena said:
The Gran Jury:

If you check the top ten Prius's members in terms of amount of posts, you will not believe it. They are Godfathers, Gurus and Soldiers.
In order to have over 500 posts you must be at least 8 hours a day online and typing. Those guys constitute our customer service. What a job!!! they do.
Uh... I have 488 posts in a little over a year, and I spent AT MOST 30 minutes a day here. I often go 2-3 days without visiting, even; and most days that I do visit, I only read, not reply.

So am I a 'godfather', 'guru', or 'soldier'? (heh. Just checking, I'm number 15. And number 10 is a dealer, so he's definitely a godfather :wink:)

·
Registered
393 Posts

Rmarchena said:
The Gran Jury:

Hey, I'm 61! Woo Hoo!

Not sure what that means. But WOO HOO nonetheless.

Time to switch laundry.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
mrv
sorry miss-information on prius-uk, I blame my auto log-in!
I feel honoured that Rmarchena replied, I find his threads very entertaining and he certainly got me trying the 'gliding' technique.

·
Premium Member
2,815 Posts

Rmarchena said:
The Gran Jury:

Hm, I seem to have the top number of posts, at 1646...

Joined 6 Nov 2002. Number of days between 6 Nov 2002 and 29 Aug 2005 is 1027 days, or 24648 hours (give or take a few hours).

1646 posts / 1027 days = 1.6 posts per day. I doubt that I take 8 hours to make those 1.6 posts/day... I'm a much faster typist than that. (Heck, I only check in here on average these days about 2-3 times a week...) 24648 hours / 1646 posts = 15.0 hours between posts.

I'd be much more worried about those in the top 10 that only joined in 2005... ;-)

Heck, Rmarchena is #38 on the top poster list, at 180 posts. Joined 26 Apr 2005. Number of days between 26 Apr 2005 is 125 days, or 3000 hours.

180 posts / 125 days = 1.44 posts per day. 3000 hours / 180 posts = 24 hours between posts.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
I only come here about once or twice a week, for only a few minutes at a time. Too busy these days.

·
Registered
150 Posts

TJandGENESIS said:
Hey, I'm 61! Woo Hoo!
Holy cow, dude! You've had 119 posts in less than 3 weeks? :)

I made the top 50, but just barely.

Louie

·
Registered
393 Posts

LouieNet said:
TJandGENESIS said:
Hey, I'm 61! Woo Hoo!
Holy cow, dude! You've had 119 posts in less than 3 weeks? :)

I made the top 50, but just barely.

Louie

But who's counting?

I guess I type fast.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I visit several forums of interest daily or semidaily, this being one of them.

This and PriusChat are the only two actual Prius forums that I visit (although I'm a member of a Yahoo group featuring the Prius).

1 - 19 of 19 Posts