Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered a Tideland #9 Pkg the first of March - I'm number 1 in line (now) and the dealer has said - it could come in the next allotment - or the one after that OR the allottment after THAT -

My question: Is the Tideland color in the #9 Pkg all that rare?

I worries me because I may be waiting for EVER - I'm starting to think I should change the color choice...what do y'all think?

Waiting Ever So Patiently (well sort of) in Soquel, CA

·
Registered
2 Posts
I Just My Tideland Pearl

Dear Sherry,
After waiting 8 months (from November to July) here in New Orleans, I just got my Tideland Pearl with package 9. It is a very pretty color. Mostly gray, but in the sunlight it has this olive green look to it. Not overpowering. Usually the first compliment I get about the car is that the color is so pretty. As for the car itself, it's so quiet! After my first 100 miles, I am averaging 46mpg! The navigation system is so cool too! There are so many things the car can do, I guess it will take a while to discover them all.
Hope you get yours soon,
Gary

·
Registered
119 Posts
Sherry,

I don't know for sure which colors are the hardest to come by, but I can tell you that every dealer I talked with said that if I broaden my color choices then I would most likly get a car faster. I had a 1st choice, 2nd choice, etc. I did have one color that I said I did not want a call on and that was white because we already have a white 2003. It only took me 5 weeks to get my first color choice which was Driftwood Pearl Pkg 9. The color is very, very pretty and the car looks very classy. I did not want a color that everyone else has. Wouldn't you know it, the first day I had mine, (this week) I saw the same color in my neighborhood! Smart people.

You may also want to get on many lists, like I did.

Good luck. Hope this helps.

Jill

·
Registered
381 Posts
03Jill said:
I don't know for sure which colors are the hardest to come by, but I can tell you that every dealer I talked with said that if I broaden my color choices then I would most likly get a car faster.
I had a similar experience; wanted either the Driftwood (didn't get) or Tideland (did get). I passed up a Silver #9 in the process, but it was only about a week or so before mine came in. According to the dealer (if I remember correctly), they said they didn't have a choice as to what (color/options) they got.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts