Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WHAT HAPPENS IF YOU ACCIDENTLY HIT ‘THE Power BUTTON WHILE DRIVING?

If, you accidentally press “POWER” button while the vehicle is moving the “ACC” mode and shift position “N” are automatically enabled.

This info is also available on page 131 of the owners manual:

“If, in an emergency, you must turn the hybrid system off while the vehicle is moving, press the “POWER” switch more than 3 seconds. At this time, the “ACC” mode and shift position “N” are automatically enabled.”

WHAT HAPPENS IF YOU ACCIDENTLY HIT ‘P’ THE PARK BUTTON WHILE DRIVING?

Absolutely Nothing. The engineers at Toyota figured that someone was bound to do it and they set the Pri up so that it will not go into park while you are driving the car. Do not try this if you are driving a PNDLR auto unless you need a new transmission and are planning to donate the car to Goodwill Industries.

BEST WAY TO REMOVE FINGER-MARKS FROM THE DISPLAY SCREEN.
The optical department at Costco sells an eyeglass cleaning cloth. It cleans the screen without having to spray a liquid cleaner on the screen. Same cloth is available from many other sources, opticians ophthalmologists, etc.

THANKS TO OTHERS WHO SUPPLIED ME WITH THIS INFO.

ARIZONA CHARLIE:

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I figured out the screen cleaning part. Interesting info on the other two. I was a little curious about what to do if something goes horribly wrong on the freeway, and you want to cut power totally before coming to a stop. I'm guessing then that the brake pedal operates the hydraulic brakes alone.

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
Brakes still work even if you have car powereed off. backup power is if you blow a fuse or someone steals your 12V battery and inverter while you're driving. :)

·
Registered
736 Posts
three more things about your Prius

Regarding the cleaning of the display screen: I had already discovered that an optical cloth (mine also happened to be from Costco), but here is a further hint. Instead of using the fleshy part of your finger, try using the back of your fingernail. It works just fine, and leaves no marks to clean off. Same thing with the little bin beneath the radio controls, which otherwise shows smudges. Yeah, I know, but being finicky ain't easy!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts