Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I load PriusOnline I get the 'media window' at the left, and then another blank page loads everytime I try to go to a new message, etc.

Any idea what's up?

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Canadian Prius said:
When I load PriusOnline I get the 'media window' at the left, and then another blank page loads everytime I try to go to a new message, etc.

Any idea what's up?
It's not PriusOnline.

Your computer has one or more pieces of 'adware' or 'malware'. Use a scanning utility such as Ad-Aware or SpyBot Search & Destroy to remove it. (It's a good idea to run one or both of those on a weekly or monthly basis anyway.)

·
Premium Member
2,820 Posts
what browser are you using? When did it start happening? On just the main page or on a particular thread?

I have no problems using Safari 1.2.4 or IE 5.2 (both on Mac 10.3), or Lynx 2.8.5dev.7 (Linux). The last time I checked at work (sometime in the last week I think) with IE6 I didn't see any wierd popups there either.

Maybe your browser is having some problems with the Google javascript ad at the bottom?

Have you checked your PriusOnline profile to see if you have popups enabled for a new Private Message? (Do you have a new private message?)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Same problem here. ie 6.0. Started on turkey day. Medie Places box pops open with error message, "The page cannot be displayed". Ran all of my checkers with nothing found. All other boards ok. Any ideas? :(

G

·
0 Posts
MRV here, borrowing a family member's WinXP SP2 box, using IE6. IE blocked the popup window, which I then temporarily allowed. The popup window goes to: mmf://mplayer.midi/

I do not see this come up in the page's source, so it might be something like a redirect on the server side...

I will note that phpBB is now on 2.0.11 which fixes some expoits. (PriusOnline is running 2.0.5)

There is a hack that is going around currently for phpBB, with instructions on how to fix it:
http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=241300
do your adaware/spyware search&destroy, and a manual virus scan...

·
Premium Member
2,820 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,820 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts