Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.. got a question and concern.. i have a 2002 prius with 47500 miles.. the problem i will address today is this.... I went to the dealer aoubt 1000 miles ago cause i noticed mpg was slowly but consistently dropping was 45 then 40 then 38 now 33.1.. they said they couldnt do a thing cause no engine light on .. they sent me to the service manager who had a prepared . plastic coverd doc that stted 10 reasons why gas mileage low. brake , speed tire pressure . same oold same old... well jsut a few miles back the engine light went on...... so i agian went to the dealer..... they present me with a 400 dollar bill because .. sonething like this... "there is no longer a bladder seperation in your gas tank because you have been over filling or topping off your gas after it clicks when full" i dont know who had been following me to accuse this, but i assured them i wasnt really doing that.. maybe once in a while but not often... i was also never informed this was , or could be a potentia l problem. they said they gave me a break cause i should have cost a hell of a lot more.. i just happen to run into a sales man while waitng to pay what i consider a hefty bill and he was not telling customers this or even aware .... am i just a dumb broad getting a snow job

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
motakx1 said:
am i just a dumb broad getting a snow job
You know it's quite possible for both or neither to be true :wink:

I'd drag it to another dealer, preferably one owned by a different parent company if possible... Get a 2nd opinion.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Ditto. Get a second opinion.

·
Registered
457 Posts
"there is no longer a bladder seperation in your gas tank"
Explain "Bladder seperation"..(sic) I don't understand why the internal condition of the gas tank (bladder) would affect gas mileage unless it's leaking.

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
What codes did they find? That would tell if they are lying or not.

Was the battery recall done to the car? I think it applied to 2002's

1 - 5 of 5 Posts