Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts

This will be my *FIFTH* winter with a Prius.

It's great!

Starting isn't ever an issue. The engine fires right up, definitely better than any traditional vehicle I've ever had to deal with.

Plowing through the snow is fun. Last year, it was so deep I was actually able to cruise along in stealth on the highway... totally enjoying the ride rather than freaking over the horrible (rough & slow) driving conditions outside.

And temperature is a non-issue. See...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Picked up my first Prius in March, which didn't let me do much snow driving, but I was really happy with the driving I did in the snow we had. Definitely most more sturdy on the road than my previous vehicle, an Echo.

I've also heard from other sources that the additional weight of the Prius (battery packs, heavier construction than many cars) means better-than-average control on snow and slush, as far as keeping contact with the road.

·
Registered
381 Posts
john1701a said:
Plowing through the snow is fun. Last year, it was so deep I was actually able to cruise along in stealth on the highway... totally enjoying the ride rather than freaking over the horrible (rough & slow) driving conditions outside.
Cool; almost makes me wish I still lived up north. Almost... 8)

·
Registered
623 Posts
From Fargo, ND, I can confirm everything John said, except that I cannot comment on deep snow because I always wait for the snowplow. But I can add that the Prius handles wonderfully on ice (I have the "AM" pkg with VSC).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts