Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2005 picked up 9 days ago.. 2004 miles on it has a thremos bottle temp. sensor failure.. and obviously the parts are not in my state <G>.. any other folks having this type of failure? :cry:

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Yes Bruce, this is the first report I've heard of this type of problem and would be interested in the details of your experience.

Symptoms, lights, DTC codes, changes in warm-up time or whatever.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
check engine light came on at start up.. I couldn't tell any difference in the performance other than it sputtered at ice shutdown.. after a day or so.. the light went out.. I called dealer.. he said drive it.. took it in for the computer to check it out and after a long time with California.. the mechanic said.. it's mine for a while.. suppose to have a part tomorrow.. I'll try and get some details but I believe I know more about them than they do :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
codes

folks the deal now has the California expert flyinging on Monday!!! the dealer said that there was another prius with the same code about 200miles away. that means either KC or St. louis or possibly Springfield.. must be a Missouri virus.. the code is 1121

·
Registered
7,166 Posts
Did they finally come across why the '04 prius is rough sometimes when shutting down ICE? That 'feature' is downright annoying!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:x Well.. our very own toyota sent two (2) MECHANICS from Japan along with a regional manager.. who doesn't speak Japanese to fix my precious prius.. they replaced the computer, and the thermos bottle.. which the local mechanic thoought we needed to do the mechanics brought lots of technology... and took the replaced part back to Japan.. they said they learned a lot.. since I don't speak Japanese.. I don't know what they learned but I do hope they fixed it.. and I hope it helps the rest of you in the furture..

·
Registered
130 Posts
From the many different posts these past few weeks I'm beginning to wonder if these cars will become "daily drivers" that can be counted on.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts