Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there were a limited number of keychains out there when the Prius was first promoted (anyone know where to get one now?) But I'm surprised Toyota or some other company has not tried to market Prius clothing (shirts, jackets, hats) or other memorabilia like bumper stickers, license plate frames, even gloves or jewelry. With the cult-like following this car has developed, I'm sure they could turn a fair profit for such items!

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
I agree with you. They've got fancy key chains, T's, caps, ink pens, etc. that they sell for lots of Toyota's other cars. Here's one with a fanatical group of drivers that'll buy anything with the words "green", "hybrid", or "Prius" anywhere on it, and you can't find a single item for sale at my local parts dept.

I wonder what gives there.
:roll:

·
Registered
669 Posts
I've seen keychains and CD boxes at a local dealership... I think you can get nice licensce frames on Ebay as well as the console covers and other car-oreinted stuff. Hmmm.... any enterpreuners out there?

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sanny said:
http://www.priustees.com for custom prius t-shirts. Some very goofy ones, too.

I've seen the keychains on ebay.
I did a search on the above site (which re-directs to http://www.pixeltees.com), and only ONE prius shirt turned up, a "Prius Patriot" shirt that featured the "classic" model Prius against an American flag background. Nice, but not applicable since I traded up to the 2005 model last month!

As for keychains...maybe they were on e-bay once, but there are none available now, and haven't been for a while. *sigh* guess I'll just have to live without...oh woe is I for my lack of Prius decoration :shock:

·
Registered
919 Posts
Sanny, I went to Priustees.com and couldn't access any shirts when I typed in Prius. How do you go about using this site? Do I need to be member?

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
evander said:
Sanny, I went to Priustees.com and couldn't access any shirts when I typed in Prius. How do you go about using this site? Do I need to be member?
It USED to be a site that had all sorts of tees about Prius and hybrids and stuff. Some were rather fun! I guess when it became pixeltees, it changed. Sorry for the dead end. :(

·
Registered
111 Posts
I was able to click on the "shop for shirts" link [whithout logging in] and found a "Prius Patriot" shirt.

I didn't try to buy it.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
As I recall I got a key chain during "the long wait". Have it at home somewhere I suppose. Pretty useless for my "keyless" car. Other than that there is just the tattoo. I can't say where. 8)

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Hep said:
Other than that there is just the tattoo. I can't say where. 8)
And does this tattoo advertise your 'hybrid synergy drive'? ;)

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Hep said:
As I recall I got a key chain during "the long wait". Have it at home somewhere I suppose. Pretty useless for my "keyless" car. Other than that there is just the tattoo. I can't say where. 8)
I find the 'waiting gift' keychain quite useful. I put the Prius fob all by it's lonesome on that ring. My work and house keys are on a 2nd ring.

Both of these go on one of those imitation mountain-climbing rings (there is probably a special mountain-climbing name for them ... much the same way piton = spike... but I don't know what it is.)

That way when I drop the car off at the dealer, or choose a different car to take to work... I unhook the key in question while still retaining posession of the rest.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
melgish said:
Hep said:
I find the 'waiting gift' keychain quite useful. I put the Prius fob all by it's lonesome on that ring. My work and house keys are on a 2nd ring.

Both of these go on one of those imitation mountain-climbing rings (there is probably a special mountain-climbing name for them ... much the same way piton = spike... but I don't know what it is.)

That way when I drop the car off at the dealer, or choose a different car to take to work... I unhook the key in question while still retaining posession of the rest.
Caribiner. Or just "beener" for short. How could you live in the mountainous part of Florida and not know this?

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Sanny said:
Hep said:
Other than that there is just the tattoo. I can't say where. 8)
And does this tattoo advertise your 'hybrid synergy drive'? ;)
Just "You asked for it, you got it." :)

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Hep said:
Caribiner. Or just "beener" for short. How could you live in the mountainous part of Florida and not know this?
It might have something to do with being able to see over the mountain by standing on a foot stool. :wink:

·
Premium Member
2,815 Posts
Let's see, Prius gear/swag I've received from Toyota:
worldtime calculator (long wait for my Classic)
keychain (long wait for my Pioneer 2004)

stuff given to me by dealers (referrals, purchase through them, or I bought from them):
wristwatch in a plastic case
luggage tags

stuff I've seen but didn't get:
embroidered baseball cap

stuff I got at the Prius Engines of Change media tour:
cloth-covered notebook/binder
T-shirt
breath mints (makes your breath as clean as the Prius' emissions!)
magnetic name-tags

I'm certain that I'm forgetting some other swag somewhere...

I have heard of lunchbox coolers sent to some Classic Prius owners... There was another gift for the first Prius owners, but I don't remember what that was, but it was different than the calculator...)

(Classic Prius owners would get the calculator, and later a copy of the owner's manual, in the mail while waiting... So, when your car came in, you had 2 owner's manuals, but you already had time to read it through before you got your car...)

Off of eBay I did buy a Prius polo shirt, but that wasn't a Toyota item.

For a while, Toyota partnered with pixeltees.com to create priustees.com, where owners could make their own Prius shirts (use actual Toyota logos and graphics, besides uploading their own). I guess the contract ran out recently... I recall that there were several dozen designs made by various owners across the country that were available, besides whatever you created yourself.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
mrv said:
When I first read the topic, I thought that someone was a little TOO excited about their Prius and wanted some *ahem* personal items for it... ;-)
Little Prius g-string? Pasties for the triangle side windows? :shock:

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Curtain airbags you can lower manually, vertical and horizontal cargo nets you can wear, larger mirrors on the visors... :wink:

·
Registered
80 Posts
paul16451 said:
I know there were a limited number of keychains out there when the Prius was first promoted (anyone know where to get one now?) But I'm surprised Toyota or some other company has not tried to market Prius clothing (shirts, jackets, hats) or other memorabilia like bumper stickers, license plate frames, even gloves or jewelry. With the cult-like following this car has developed, I'm sure they could turn a fair profit for such items!
Here is a key chain:

Available at
http://tinyurl.com/8j4hg

http://www.anythingtoyota.com

1 - 20 of 26 Posts