Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After reading the MT COY article, I have been feverishly looking for a 2004. After checking with 6 dealerships on Monday, I have already secured the first right of refusal on a Millenium Silver/Gray Burgandy with Option Package #7. ETA is 2 to 3 weeks. I can't wait!

So from reading the posts on this forum and on John's site, I am planning on going with 42/40 tire pressure and synthetic oil. I am thinking about a KN air filter. Any other tips? Do they make an engine block heater? That might help with cold statrs.

Does anyone know what is the recommended oil change interval with synthetic oil?

I am looking forward to the Prius. I love to keep track of mileage and experiment by changing variables. My 85 Honda CRX HF kept me happy for 5 years, 250K miles. My best trip milage was from Chicago to Detroit, 66MPG at 55MPH with a formidable tail wind. My worst tank was 38MPG. My average for 250K miles was 49 MPG. EPA estimate was 49/54. It will be difficult to beat this with the Prius, mainly because there are two more seats and 1000 additional lbs. The hills in the Pittsburgh area won't help matters either. And don't forget that in 1985-1990, the speed limit was the double-nickel. I will post results regularly, maybe even post them on my website.

It's strange. After calling around, everyone said there would be a 3-5 month wait. But after showing interest by coming in and visiting the dealers, the stories started to change. I turned down a Driftwood Pearl with Package #9. As of Wednesday, it was sitting on the lot with no one even interested. Yesterday I turned down right of first refusal on a Blue/Beige option #9 and a Black/Beige, option 7 or 9 (can't remember) The Blue one was due in today and the Black one in 2 to 3 weeks.

The waiting is the hardest part! (wasn't that a song in the 80's)
Dan

·
Registered
515 Posts
> ... "John's site" address?

It's http://john1701a.com

And on it tonight will a new photos showing be the elusive "PINK" charge-level.

Last week was temperatures all the way down to -18F. This week we are getting a ton of snow. Fortunately, by amazing cosmic coincidence, I was able to plan a gathering between the two. And it worked out well, 7 Prius showed up and a bunch of people without Prius yet did too. Anywho, the point is I've been carrying a digital camera around with me... lots of photo opportunties lately.

So when I got stuck in heavy snow traffic delay traffic this morning, I was ready. After 15 minutes of stealth driving, the charge-level (shown inside the battery on the Energy Monitor) dropped to just 2 bars. And sure enough, as predicted the color changed from blue to pink.

I whipped out the camera (knowing the engine would fire up just seconds later to begin recharging) and managed to capture the moment almost perfect aligned and without any outside glare on the screen while still driving. Yeah! It's a bit on the blurry side since I was using the big lens. But hey, that's one of the only times I will ever get the opportunity to see that. So I'm grateful to have got a good of a photo as I did.

·
Registered
7 Posts
It would have been tragic to have wrecked the most photographed Prius in the world, and to have explained to the police officer that you were trying to photograph your digital screen.

The enthusiasm of this group is amazing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts