Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is so exciting! Thanks to all of you Prius mavens. I finally plonked a $500 deposit down yesterday and am eagerly waiting for my Prius. Silver with the #3 package. I called around among the dealers in the area, and also read the reviews on this site, and went with Rancho Santa Margarita Toyota (we live in West LA). They tell us it will take 3 months. Can't wait!

·
Registered
6 Posts
hey noncager, i live around LA area too.

how much more are you paying above the MSRP?

i am looking to get a prius too. let me know. thanks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
yea i know about asif, just wondering about this one because rancho santa margarita is just south of LA while stockton is much further up north....

·
Registered
114 Posts
The only cost of getting onto Stockton Toyota Town's waiting list is a phone call. They took a credit card # from me but never charged it. You can take Amtrak into Stockton on the weekend to pick up your car - that way you don't have to get someone to make the long round-trip drive with you to pick it up. Or do a one-way rental with Hertz, that's what I did.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
curious: I spoke to Chip at RSM Toyota, and they are selling the Prius at MSRP. The other places I called either asked for a premium over MSRP, or had long wait lists of around 6-9 months. RSM had a 3-month waitlist, and asked for MSRP, so I figured it made the most sense. I didn't call Stockton - I guess I was thinking of places within a couple of hours of LA where I could have a friend drive me and then pick up the car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts