Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any Curb Your Enthusiasm fans out there?

Larry David (co-creator of Seinfeld) has a show on HBO called Curb Your Enthusiasm. He's a Prius driver in his real life and also drives a Prius in the show. There was one show about how he waves at any Prius drivers he sees on the road.

Anyone else do this?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thomas Brock said:
Emma said:
Anyone else do this?
While I don't have HBO or watch Curb your Enthusiasm, I do wave (or otherwise acknowledge) fellow Prius drivers.

It's only polite:)
We don't have HBO either. We rent the episodes from Netflix. Absolutely hysterical!

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Emma said:
Any Curb Your Enthusiasm fans out there?

Larry David (co-creator of Seinfeld) has a show on HBO called Curb Your Enthusiasm. He's a Prius driver in his real life and also drives a Prius in the show. There was one show about how he waves at any Prius drivers he sees on the road.

Anyone else do this?
After you've had your car for a while longer we will teach you the secret handshake as well. In the mean time, of course we wave! :)

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Thomas Brock said:
Hep said:
After you've had your car for a while longer we will teach you the secret handshake as well. In the mean time, of course we wave! :)
There's a secret handshake? :shock:
If you knew, it wouldn't be a secret for long...

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Thomas Brock said:
Hep said:
If you knew, it wouldn't be a secret for long...
Good point...So when do we get the Newcomer's Kit?? :lol:
It came with the car. In the secret compartment of course.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Hep said:
It came with the car. In the secret compartment of course.
Hmmm Not one in mine.

I should ask the dealer where the secret compartment is that has the Prius secret newcomer's kit...Wonder how long it would take them to figure it out? :lol:

·
Registered
211 Posts
There will of course be another show in future about the wave, when it's no longer cool after the inital excitement wears off. That episode was surely written at the same time.

If it were Seinfeld, it would be George who attempts the wave long after it's become passe. :wink:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
niomeka said:
There will of course be another show in future about the wave, when it's no longer cool after the inital excitement wears off. That episode was surely written at the same time.

If it were Seinfeld, it would be George who attempts the wave long after it's become passe. :wink:
I believe the character of George in Seinfeld was loosely based on Larry David.

·
Registered
6 Posts
in the 2 weeks or so that i've owned my car, i've waved at about 4 other prius owners. none of them ever wave back. maybe because they've had their cars longer and the novelty wears off, or people just don't expect the friendliness in LA.

i do it almost out of habit, since whenever i ride my motorcycle i wave at other bikers. the camaraderie between bikers seems to be much stronger (at this point) than prius owners.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I also wave at other Prius Drivers. I have gotten a thumbs up from a fellow Prius owner while leaving church. I know that Corvette owners wave to each other. Personaly I think its just a nice way to say "Hey Great Taste"

·
Registered
199 Posts
I have had other Prius folks wave or nod at me and I at them. I always look to see "who" is driving.

The nurse I just hired actually had it on her cover letter..."transportation is no problem as I drive a Prius". She is a really good nurse too!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.