Toyota Prius Forum banner

What is the average cost of fuel (87 Octane I guess) in your area?

  • Below $1.75

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • $1.75 - $1.95

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • $1.95 - $2.15

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • $2.15 - $2.35

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • $2.35 - $2.50

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • $2.50 -$2.75

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • $2.75 - $3.00

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • $3.00 +

    Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I drove by the Marathon station at the corner by my house this morning I couldn't believe it said $2.23... Then I drove by the next, a BP at $2.35... Then a Shell at $2.37. I've never in my life witnessed gas prices this high. The highest I had ever noticed was $2.19. It's blowing my mind!

Now I'm sure our friends out on the west coast are saying "$2.19?? That's nothing!".... but here in Ohio we 'spoiled' folk, when it comes to petrol.


After doing my rounds for the day I would say that us here in NW Ohio are averaging about $2.19.


Pretty sad.

[ edited to include more pole options...pete ]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,661 Posts
In Southern NJ, I paid $2.019 at the "cheap" station today. Sigh. A sign of things to come. I wish the Prius MPG improved when the price of gas increases, so the cost per mile would stay the same.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oops. Got a little anxious with the polling options. Meant to add one for "Over $2.35". Ah well...



With my Kroger Gas Card I can get maybe $2.14 with the discount, but I haven't seen anything close to $2.01 in what seems to have been a long while now.

Speaking of Kroger, at lunch today I counted 8 SUVs and MiniVans lined up, and only 1 car.... A mid 70's Ford LTD.

One was an older Land Rover and another was an extended cab beast of a pickup.

The local Toyota dealer here in town was putting flyers up around and in the newspaper about them just purchasing 13 2004 Prii that are on their lot. I'd say that was maybe 2 1/2 weeks ago... Today I checked and they have 1 left... Which was good news to meeeeeee...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
78 Posts
Price increase between fillups is ~$0.10/gallon

I fill my Prius on average once every 2 weeks when the gauge gets down to the 2-pip level. On 24 March I paid $2.06 per gallon. This week the lowest price I've seen is $2.15.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
114 Posts
$2.53 for regular at the station near my house, and that isn't even the most expensive station in the area. Premium is $2.79 at the same station. I'm in the heart of Silicon Valley.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
232 Posts
$2.41/gal last night (my 1st fill-up).......Orange County, CA

It was a awesome experience.....

-First- the pump was in super slo-mo speed....$0.10.....$0.20......

-Second - the auto shut-off failed and about a gallon of gas spilled everywhere over the side of my new P* with my son and dog in the car....

I was soooooooooo Pi$$ed.....
I alerted the attendant who didn't seem at all alarmed.....so....
I called the Fire Department to the station to clean the mess!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,661 Posts
bshef said:
...Second - the auto shut-off failed and about a gallon of gas spilled everywhere over the side of my new P* with my son and dog in the car....
You had a gas spill in front of the DOG? Did you at least cover puppy's eyes, or give oxygen and biscuits or something?

I'm horrified! :shock: Imagine the emotional scarring!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,560 Posts
Paid $2.27 the day before yesterday at a Mobil...

Saw $2.39 this morning at my 'not so favorite, but it's closest to my route to work, price gouging, twelve cents cheaper across the road--but they don't take American Express--Chevron station'
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
669 Posts
PriusPage said:
$2.55 in LA (right around $2.80 for premium)
Heard on the radio coming back from lunch that there are a few stations offering $2.35... I haven't actually SEEN that up here, $2.55 is more common.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
150 Posts
What determines Gas prices?

Gas prices are determined by supply and demand. High demand, and short supply will result in high prices. What we see in the todays oil market is demand is increasing faster than the supply.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
111 Posts
up, up, up

Last Saturday it was 2.07, Sunday it was 2.19, and today I saw 2.23 at the same station. This is the first time EVER that gas here in Savannah is higher than my parents' home town on Cape Cod, and they have always been high! The value of my little 02 blue moon Pearl just keeps going up, up, up.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
669 Posts
Re: What determines Gas prices?

Jeffand said:
Gas prices are determined by supply and demand. High demand, and short supply will result in high prices. What we see in the todays oil market is demand is increasing faster than the supply.
Actually, it is unclear that the current hike in gas prices has much to do with supply and demand...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
81 Posts
7777777 said:
When I drove by the Marathon station at the corner by my house this morning I couldn't believe it said $2.23... Then I drove by the next, a BP at $2.35... Then a Shell at $2.37. I've never in my life witnessed gas prices this high. The highest I had ever noticed was $2.19. It's blowing my mind!

Now I'm sure our friends out on the west coast are saying "$2.19?? That's nothing!".... but here in Ohio we 'spoiled' folk, when it comes to petrol.


After doing my rounds for the day I would say that us here in NW Ohio are averaging about $2.19.


Pretty sad.
Can Europeans play? :) Over here it?s $5.70
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
33 Posts
gas prices

In my Chicago suburb the average price for the 'cheap' stuff is 2.41 a gallon. Needless to say I treat my fuel bars in the dash like bars of gold.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,348 Posts
All right, the price is hight enough now to consider switching to liters. I hear they are much cheaper. :wink:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
81 Posts
Hep said:
All right, the price is hight enough now to consider switching to liters. I hear they are much cheaper. :wink:
Yes, litres tend to be cheaper, but on the other hand you do less miles to the litre (10-15 mpl?) :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
71 Posts
gas prices

Around here it's still $1.99 for regular, but there are a few stations nearer to $1.95.............and remember I don't (technically am legally allowed to) pump it myself. There ARE privileges of living in NJ (low gas tax and only full service!)
 
1 - 20 of 50 Posts
Top