Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
sorry i can't help you, and i know how much finns love their 24 hour time.

just wanted to say things i can speak in finnish!
mina, olen, kukkaset and pulunnissija : :twisted:

·
Registered
65 Posts
I was hoping for the same thing. I don't think it is possible though. I was even thinking of getting a hold of a clock from a scrapped mini cooper and seeing if it would fit, as it can do both 12/24h formats. But I decided that I'm not that crazy, yet.

P.S. Are there any tax deductions in Finland for a hybrid car? Do peolpe there respond well to the Prius? I lived there for a few years, and remember the Ladas that you would see from time to time, do to the tax break on them.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
petteri said:
I was hoping for the same thing. I don't think it is possible though. I was even thinking of getting a hold of a clock from a scrapped mini cooper and seeing if it would fit, as it can do both 12/24h formats. But I decided that I'm not that crazy, yet.

P.S. Are there any tax deductions in Finland for a hybrid car? Do peolpe there respond well to the Prius? I lived there for a few years, and remember the Ladas that you would see from time to time, do to the tax break on them.
There is no tax deduction in Finland (unlike Sweden). The car costs 40000€. With some extra options 42000€ (about $50000).

Last year, there were only 14 Priuses registered to individals (not companies). Altogether, there are about 400 Priuses in Finland.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
heh.

In Singapore, the Classic Prius would've sold for SGD 96,000 or about...USD60k?

·
Registered
8 Posts
dontcheff said:
There is no tax deduction in Finland (unlike Sweden). The car costs 40000€. With some extra options 42000€ (about $50000).
How much is the tax? In Austria and Germany the net price for the base model is 21300€. Including all taxes and all extras: 30700€ ($40500)

Robert

·
Registered
81 Posts
YxTerWd said:
dontcheff said:
How much is the tax? In Austria and Germany the net price for the base model is 21300€. Including all taxes and all extras: 30700€ ($40500)

Robert
In Italy, a all-extra model is €27500, but it does have a few things missing (cruise control, the JBC stereo, SE/SS FoB, reverse radar and a choice of only 3 colours). that's why I'm getting my all-extras in France, at €28500

·
Registered
8 Posts
The.Tramp said:
In Italy, a all-extra model is €27500, but it does have a few things missing (cruise control, the JBC stereo, SE/SS FoB, reverse radar and a choice of only 3 colours). that's why I'm getting my all-extras in France, at €28500
Do you konw the net price for the base model (what is the net price in US?)? Toyota dealers told me that in europe the net price is everywhere the same. Maybe this is not the truth. I compared only austrian and german prices and the net prices are equal only the taxes are different.

Robert

·
Registered
81 Posts
YxTerWd said:
The.Tramp said:
Do you konw the net price for the base model (what is the net price in US?)? Toyota dealers told me that in europe the net price is everywhere the same. Maybe this is not the truth. I compared only austrian and german prices and the net prices are equal only the taxes are different.

Robert
The net price for a bottom-level Prius is €25000, both in Italy and in France. Don't know anout Germany and Austria, I'm not fond of the german language... :)

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
hyperion said:
In the US the price of the 2001 thru early 2004's was $19,999. Believe it has jumped $500.00 since mid 2004.
Don't you mean $19,999.95 :)

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
The.Tramp said:
YxTerWd said:
dontcheff said:

Robert
Missing a cruise control? Probably has it in the HV ECU and could be retrofitted, much like our EV button issue. Different resistance values from a pin on ECU to ground yields one of the 4 CC functions. You wouldn't have the CRUISE light to tell you it's on though, that requires replacing the combination meter if it isn't already there.

·
Registered
81 Posts
DanMan32 said:
Missing a cruise control? Probably has it in the HV ECU and could be retrofitted, much like our EV button issue. Different resistance values from a pin on ECU to ground yields one of the 4 CC functions. You wouldn't have the CRUISE light to tell you it's on though, that requires replacing the combination meter if it isn't already there.
The italian model without the CC has everything built in, just like your EV swith. The four components needed to complete the opera just costs €105 + VAT, then add four hours labour to fit it.
My dealer suggested to buy the Italian car, the kit and take it to France to have it fitted. And the Cruise light WILL light up! But, if I have to go though all this hastle, migh as well go fo France to buy it already equipped!

And what about the SE/SS FoB, the JBC stereo? Cant't retrofit these, can I? :)

And only three colours: grey, blue and black. We wanted Bronze, how much will a repaint cost?

Oh, the Toyota dealer in France, is only 125 miles away.

Anyway the deal is signed, I'm a Prius-in-waiting... :)

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
SKS- not likely. Would need several oscillators, the SKS ECU, replacement fobs, new front door handles for the touch sensors and button, some means of mounting the trunk lock button (I suppose you could leave that out), and possible reprogramming, never mind the wiring harness.

JBL would be tougher, but more feasable than SKS. New header, wiring to amp, rewiring of front door tweeter/fullrange as they go direct to the amp.

·
Registered
81 Posts
DanMan32 said:
SKS- not likely. Would need several oscillators, the SKS ECU, replacement fobs, new front door handles for the touch sensors and button, some means of mounting the trunk lock button (I suppose you could leave that out), and possible reprogramming, never mind the wiring harness.

JBL would be tougher, but more feasable than SKS. New header, wiring to amp, rewiring of front door tweeter/fullrange as they go direct to the amp.
So, I suppose I did well to snob Toyota Italy and hunt mine in France, no?

Especially when I plan to keep my cars for good.

And the prius, here in italy, has no market. With over two million cars sold in 2004, just 234 where Priuses, and I believe these where the demos for the dealers!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts