Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We just came from the dealership with our prius on Saturday. I'm trying to get info on how to get most milage. What to do and what not.
But right now : What do the the arrows on the screen mean? the orange, yellow and green. What does it mean when they change directions from the wheels, to engine to electmotor to battery...
I'm confused, when I'm braking it shows green arrows from electmotor to battery.. when I'm not accelerating but the car is moving then it shows yellow arrows..
Will someone please clear this arrow business??
Thanks

·
Registered
991 Posts
Its the energy flow. When you're braking.. the energy is charging the battery (hence why it is arrows point towards the battery from the engine). When they go the other way, the battery is running the electric motor. (Similar for the gas engine of course.. hehe)

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
Ruddy arrows mean energy from ICE (mechanical mostly). Amber is electrical energy flow that is not regerative. Green arrows means recovered energy from regenerative braking.

The display is extremely simplistic. For example, there are actually 2 electrical motors in the transmission, yet the display implies only one. If you look and consider closely, the 2nd motor/generator is combined with the ICE icon.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.