Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally a stranger in the parking lot asked me, and I had to face the fact that I still didn't know... what is that little circle on the front bumper? I started to take it off to satisfy the question, but he said something bad might happen... got me to thinking maybe a snake would slither out or something...

·
Registered
34 Posts
laurie said:
Finally a stranger in the parking lot asked me, and I had to face the fact that I still didn't know... what is that little circle on the front bumper?
It is for towing.

There is an eye hook in the back sub-compartment that screws in there.

You can remove the little plastic disc with something soft and plastic, like the corner of a credit card. It has a little strap so you don't lose it.

The hook just screws in there.

It's not recommended for anything other than emergency towing ... like getting you out of a snowbank or ditch, not for distance towing.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks veggivet and cybele! Being new to forums... I am so happy that my questions just magically get answered! and yes.. I hope I never need to use it.. I think I will go outside and pet my car and tell her good things... thanks again.. :)

·
Registered
623 Posts
laurie said:
Finally a stranger in the parking lot asked me, and I had to face the fact that I still didn't know... what is that little circle on the front bumper? I started to take it off to satisfy the question, but he said something bad might happen... got me to thinking maybe a snake would slither out or something...
Instructions, from the Chinese version of the owner's manual, inexplicably left out of the English version, translated here from the Chinese:

1. Is for towing only, please not to tow highway speed.

2. Using credit card or 10 yuan coin, gently removing cover not to scratch bumper.

3. Please to be stepping back and allowing snake to slither out. Not being necessary to replace snake afterwards, he is installed at factory to protect threads during shipping of product. Owner not wishing to keep snake for home use may allow snake to slither away. Snake is useful for control of rat population being that snake eats one rat every three days.

4. Attach hook, tow car.

5. Remove hook, replace cover.

6. After towing, drive car.

7. Important caution: do not swallow hook. Severe damage to mouth, throat, or stomach could occur to person carelessly swallowing hook. If hook swallowed please to contact emergency medical service at earliest possible convenience.

8. Additional important caution: not to provoking snake. Fang of snake contain very strong poison. Do not attempt to remove poison from fang. Snake need poison to kill rat. All good citizen help eliminate rat. Rat contain very bad plague germs.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
oh Daniel.. it was worth losing an hour sleep and waking in a house severely lacking caffeine.... thanks for the extra cautionary notes... (can the snake somehow find a way to the inside of the car?) Maybe I will bike to work today, just in case...

·
Registered
32 Posts
They must starve the snakes at the factory! My friend's snake eats a rat every other week. :p

1 - 8 of 8 Posts