Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a lot of good luck at my 30,000 service interval today, but most of it was not luck at all: it was the good fortune of having you folks around.

1. Road hazard tire replacement. Thanks to MRV's post on the road hazard (about which even the service and finance chiefs are not informed), I am about 80% of the way to getting a check for $100 that I paid for a new tire in March of 2004. At the time, I requested a new tire under warranty (the sidewall was split), but they said it was damage --not defect. Later, I read MRV's post on the road hazard warranty that comes with every PRIUS, and today I came armed with a print out. They still had to spend a half hour on the phone with Toyota, but I think even she was surprised to learn I (MRV) was right. So, I'm mailing in the receipt today, and hopefully the check will come (why I paid $100 for an Integrity + mounting is a good question. Answer: I was dumb);

Anyhow: print out a copy of MRV's post and put it in glovebox:

http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/Pri ... sage/31089

2. I also remembered, before the hacker destroyed the archives, that DanMan (I think) had that pesky center arm rest cover replaced under warranty. So I requested that too, and bingo: new cover on order and should be here in a week; no more curly felt.

3. armed with knowledge here, I bought cabin and engine air filters and showed my 5 year old how to install them (she did the work). I know; I know, they're cheaper online...next time. At least I didn't pay labor.

4. Final treat...my salesman gave me the keys to a Highlander Hybrid (black with light gray interior) and let me take it out for about a half hour. I really liked it, although the instrumentation is different. But it's a great ride. BTW, The car is still on the lot with an MSRP of about $35,000.
PM me if you want the salesman's name.

5. Decided to go ahead with Comfortreds and went and got them after the service visit. I've only driven 2 miles on them, but I'm doing a 1000 mile trip to Pennsyl and back this weekend so I'll have plenty of driving time to evaluate them.

Anyhow, thanks to everybody who contributes here. Makes it easier and certainly more fun to take care of a car.

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
Credit where credit is due, or more accurately, not taking credit where credit is not due.

I wasn't the one that had his console cover fabric replaced. Mine is still good. I might have iterated where someone else has though.

I may also have iterated about the road hazard warranty. I should have taken advantage of it myself, but my lazyness caused me to lose out on $80 for a replacement tire due to jumping a hidden hole in the ground. I was able to take advantage of the road service for running out of gas. :oops: I have less than 4K left of that road service left, then its back to taking advantage of my AAA fees.

But at the risk of seemingly tooting my own horn, I will accept a general compliment regarding the information and insight I do provide, considering others have offered such compliments to me.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The reimbursement that I requested in August came today...so I am $100 richer!

Thanks again :lol:

·
Registered
86 Posts
Nothing like that in the UK :(

You Americans have it easy sometimes!

(but we have the EV button!)

S

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
Just recently exceeded 36K, and just noticed that the center armrest cloth cover is starting to pull out where the latch is. Darn! I doubt the extended warranty is going to cover this.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts