Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this will never affect many of you, but here in Minnesota it got cold this week. Last week was A/C and this week fuzzy slippers and the furnace. Thanks to Toyota, my Prius rubs it in with a yellow snowflake warning light on the dash to remind me it is FRIGGIN COLD. Now that warning I would love to turn off. This is when all you Florida drivers can start feeling smug again about the weather.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Just drink plenty of that fresh brewed coffee. July is just a few bone chillin months away :)

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
melgish said:
Just drink plenty of that fresh brewed coffee. July is just a few bone chillin months away :)
Why did I know it would be you with the advice?! It may have to be Cozumel in February for a break. 8)

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Hep said:
...This is when all you Florida drivers can start feeling smug again about the weather....
No smugness here, not after three friggin' hurricanes passed over my poor home! The fourth one missed me..luckily Ivan didn't have GPS, or my @ss would have been cooked!

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nag, nag, nag...
Now at 4500 miles, I have a 500 mile warning that I will need an oil change. I am going to name my car "Mother". :roll:

·
Registered
186 Posts
Hep said:
Nag, nag, nag...
Now at 4500 miles, I have a 500 mile warning that I will need an oil change. I am going to name my car "Mother". :roll:
really? I am at 2600 now. I will watch for that :shock:

·
Registered
186 Posts
Hep said:
here in Minnesota it got cold this week. Last week was A/C and this week fuzzy slippers and the furnace. Thanks to Toyota, my Prius rubs it in with a yellow snowflake warning light on the dash to remind me it is FRIGGIN COLD.
Maybe I should throw Maple Grove on the PC, huh? Here's what's going on where I live. 8)

My area: somewhere, CA
Today
69°/53°F
Mon
67°/51°F
Tue
65°/51°F
Wed
64°/47°F

Your neck of the woods: doesn't look so cold there to me, yet...
SUNDAY
Hi: 63°
Lo: 42°
Partly Cloudy

MONDAY
Hi: 55°
Lo: 39°
Mostly Sunny

TUESDAY
Lo: 49°
Showers

WEDNESDAY
Hi: 67°
Lo: 56°
Cloudy

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Hey Hep!

Next time you're in your Prius and your teeth are chattering, hit the voice activation, see if the clicking sound alerts her to turn up the temperature :twisted:

·
Registered
548 Posts
Hep said:
Thanks to Toyota, my Prius rubs it in with a yellow snowflake warning light on the dash to remind me it is FRIGGIN COLD. Now that warning I would love to turn off.
Black electrical tape perhaps?

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
trapperjohn said:
At what temperture does the snowflake come on outside?

Thanks,
Bryan
Seems to be about 37. That's PLUS 37 for Minnesotans who need to differentiate.

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
jimb said:
Hep said:
here in Minnesota it got cold this week. Last week was A/C and this week fuzzy slippers and the furnace. Thanks to Toyota, my Prius rubs it in with a yellow snowflake warning light on the dash to remind me it is FRIGGIN COLD.
Maybe I should throw Maple Grove on the PC, huh? Here's what's going on where I live. 8)

My area: somewhere, CA
Today
69°/53°F
Mon
67°/51°F
Tue
65°/51°F
Wed
64°/47°F

Your neck of the woods: doesn't look so cold there to me, yet...
SUNDAY
Hi: 63°
Lo: 42°
Partly Cloudy

MONDAY
Lo: 39°
Mostly Sunny

TUESDAY
Lo: 49°
Showers

WEDNESDAY
Hi: 67°
Lo: 56°
Cloudy
Yeah, this time of the year we get the teaser weeks. What a great weekend we had this week! But we know what is coming...

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
melgish said:
Hey Hep!

Next time you're in your Prius and your teeth are chattering, hit the voice activation, see if the clicking sound alerts her to turn up the temperature :twisted:
No, but it did bring up GPS directions to Miami. Maybe I shiver in Spanish? 8)

·
Registered
73 Posts
snowflake

I live in Victoria, British Columbia where the living is perfect and snow is banned and bad weather is something we read about elsewhere. 8)

However I left Faro, Yukon Territory on August 30 at 8:00am. The snowflake was on and the MFD reported 0 degrees Celsius.

At one point on the drive the MFD flashed a warning about icy conditions.

The snowflake went off when the MFD reported plus 5 degrees Celsius.

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Re: snowflake

DuncanNixon2004 said:
I live in Victoria, British Columbia where the living is perfect and snow is banned and bad weather is something we read about elsewhere. 8)

However I left Faro, Yukon Territory on August 30 at 8:00am. The snowflake was on and the MFD reported 0 degrees Celsius.

At one point on the drive the MFD flashed a warning about icy conditions.

The snowflake went off when the MFD reported plus 5 degrees Celsius.
At least at -40 we can agree that it's cold. Celsius. Can you measure mileage in kilometers per gallon? Or would it be kilometerage?

·
Registered
73 Posts
baby it's cold outside

For those who haven't experienced it -40 in any measurement is cold.

One February in Prince George, BC the thermometer didn't ever go above -40. Talk about square tires and driving with a scraper in one hand to help the defroster. Never mind the snow and ice that refused to melt INSIDE the car. 8)

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Re: baby it's cold outside

DuncanNixon2004 said:
For those who haven't experienced it -40 in any measurement is cold.

One February in Prince George, BC the thermometer didn't ever go above -40. Talk about square tires and driving with a scraper in one hand to help the defroster. Never mind the snow and ice that refused to melt INSIDE the car. 8)
Didn't top -40 for the WHOLE MONTH OF FEBRUARY?! Better move south...to Minnesota!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts