Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That's one nice car. It's interesting, it has sort of a tachometer, but it's not RPMS... it's kW! The needle goes from 0 to 200 as you drive, but also can go a little below zero (maybe 10kW worth,) when regen-braking. Very smooth drive. Harder to keep in stealth mode than the Prius, though.

Except for the lack of 'Power' button (and accompanying SKS,) it felt very much like an upscale slightly larger Prius. (Hard to believe that thing's based on the Highlander, the back end has barely more room than the Prius.) The Consumption screen only goes from 0-60 MPG, and in just a few miles of driving, I only got about 17MPG. (Idling in the lot playing with the controls didn't help.) It does have the reverse camera that's missing in the US Prius, though.

Now if only it wasn't $12,000 more than the non-hybrid RX 330. (The extra price is 'justified' by the fact that it includes a bunch of expensive add-ons that are optional on the 330, but standard on the 400h.) Starts at $50,000!!! (Lexus of Portland claims only 2-3 month wait, no markup. But, you have to specify the exact one you want, and commit to buying it when it comes in. $1000 deposit.)

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
I got 9.0L/100km or 26mpg on my test drive. It's a really nice car to drive and very powerful. I noticed that the kW needle doesn't really move much unless you gun it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts