Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I drove 70 km out to a small town because the Toyota dealership there is fairly honest. Was there before, and they offered me a new Package "B" Prius for $2500 under list. They had a used 2005, but the owners wife was using it as her car was in for extended service (not a Prius). I test drove the new Prius, but as it was new with no km on it, did not feel comfortable going for an extended drive.

Yesterday, I went back and the used 2005 was still there. It's also a Package "B" (everything but nav. and leather - we don't get leather in Canada). I took it for an extended drive, and tested and observed everything I've been reading about here and on PriusChat. The car has 22,000+ km on it, and they want about $30,000+ Can. New they are about $36,000+. I think they want too much for a used car. Looks like I'll be getting a 2007, as the dealers I checked yesterday only had base models left in 2006s. If the previous offer still holds, I can get a "B" for about $34,831 plus taxes and dealer paperwork.

Ready to buy, money saved up, just waiting until my RX-7 sells. I don't want to become a car collector. ;)

Still wondering if I should buy in the US and import. Looks like a $2500 savings, but I'm not sure it's worth the hassle for that amount (DRL addition, metric odo change (region or country change), red tape, and travel).

All quoted prices here are Canadian. To get US $ multiply by 0.9. That would get you close.

Still think this is the coolest car. And I'm an "old guy"!

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Actually, for 2005 it's closer to $34k... the base price was $30,500 ish (first price increase from $29,990). I know because that's the price I paid for my 2005 Prius Premium Package (i.e. Pkg "B").

I'm the opposite. I'm a younger guy and still think it's cool and I should be driving RSXs and Celicas lol. Oh well...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.