Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Can someone who has knowledge of Toyota's site at http://techinfo.toyota.com tell me if the "regular" owner's manual / Navigation manual, etc...are available for download from here with a subscription?

I have a Prius "On Order" and am wanting to look over the information on the car while I wait. I see I could download the shop manuals, but before I plunk my money down I wanted to see if the user manuals that come with the Prius were available as well.

Thanks,

Mike Slavis

·
Registered
8 Posts
It looks to me that you don't need a subscription to get the user manuals.
If you click on the "Technical Training and Printed Materials" link under the Valuable Resouces heading on the main page the next page shows a 800 number to call to order printed materials. Under the Printed Service Publications heading they mention "Owner's Manual and Navigation Owner's Manual".
I too am waiting for a Prius. I rented one for the day and pulled all the user manuals out of the glove box to read that night. When I returned the car the next day I forgot to put them back. I think I could have kept them because nobody noticed that they were gone. I just felt too guilty though to keep them so I returned them a day later after calling the dealer to inform them that I had the manuals. Of course I am not suggesting that you do this to obtain manuals. But by renting one of these cars you could at least have time to thoroughly read the manuals.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I called this 800 number during the week and was told the cost of each manual was about $15 plus shipping. The one-day subscription to techinfo is $10, and that should be all I need to download the manuals (plus shop manuals)...I just want to make sure the information is there.

Thanks for the suggestion, though!

Mike Slavis

·
Premium Member
2,820 Posts
reports were that the owner's manuals used to be on there...

If you do get a subscription, would you mind grabbing any Prius service campaign information or TSBs? (I can give you a list of the TSBs I already have, to save you time... (they're the ones on the toyota-prius-sat1 yahoogroup...))
thanks!

BTW: both of the manuals are hiding in some of the yahoogroups...

·
Registered
623 Posts
The Prius owner manual (that comes with the car) has so little actual useful information that I'd say don't bother. It'll take you less than an hour to read the whole thing through once you get your car. And most of it is big blaring warnings not to do obviously stupid things.

A more useful way to get ready for your new Prius would be to read the Prius user guide that John has on his web page (http://john1701a.com/).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts