Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We did our taxes today. Very surprised that ours was the first hybrid deduction our H&R Block representative dealt with. (What does this say about our area?) I presented the sales receipt and the Toyota forms I downloaded last year. She had to do a write in and said we ultimately saved $500 off our taxes. I realize 2006 owners will fare better but we're smiling. :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
202 Posts
evander said:
We did our taxes today. Very surprised that ours was the first hybrid deduction our H&R Block representative dealt with. (What does this say about our area?) I presented the sales receipt and the Toyota forms I downloaded last year. She had to do a write in and said we ultimately saved $500 off our taxes. I realize 2006 owners will fare better but we're smiling. :lol: :lol:
Does the IRS want a copy of the sales receipt, or was that just the tax preparer that wanted proof?

And what are the Toyota forms to be downloaded?

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I brought the receipt along just to be on the safe side. She just looked at it, did not make a copy. The online Toyota paper (stipulating the IRS code)was looked at more carefully as our preparer had never dealt with this deduction. It was given back to me also without any copy made. Good luck on yours.

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
You don't have to submit either, but you should keep them for your records in case you get audited, and the IRS decides to forget that the Prius qualified for the deduction.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.