Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if there's a simple fix for this before I turn my two-week-old to a dealer (It feels too soon to leave with strangers). Beginning a few days ago, when I would go to the map, I would get the 'I Agree' screen, then a message like 'cannot find DVD'. All I could think of was to unplug all the DVD cables, reboot, plug in, reboot again. WRONG! Now when I go to the map, no 'I agree' screen, just "Please insert correct map DVD" in English and Japanese.

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
Under your (driver) seat is the nav unit. Facing the rear of the cabin, is an opening with a protective cover over it. Remove the cover, then with the power at least on ACC, slide the inside cover and push the button you used to slide the inside cover. A DVD is supposed to come out. If one doesn't, you may be missing it. If one does come out, examine it for damage. If no damage, reinsert and close the slide cover. If it works, snap the protective cover back on.

If DVD appears missing or damaged, or reinsertion does not work, see your dealer.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you. I have now held the magical disk in my trembling hand. ...still does not work, however. Off to dealer, I guess.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts