Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am curious after reading the thread about the E-Bay offering of an '04. Those of you who now have an '04...Would you have bought one if the dealer asking price was $30K? If you have one, would you get another if the price were cranked up to $30K by the dealer? I wonder if the sales would be so brisk if the price had gone up on the new model...

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
A loaded Package #9...maybe.
Depends a bit. I think, knowing what I know now, that $30K would be out of my price range though I admit I'd be tempted at $28,995 or something like that. Now, gimme leather, adjustable seat, XM Radio installed, Custom wheels, maybe some other fancy thing such as an OnStar type deal and I'd be tempted at $30. The features on this car aren't available on many $70k luxury cars today.

That said, I think there will be more luxurious cars with similar milage in a hybrid in the near future in the peri-$30K range.
--evan

·
Registered
31 Posts
I can give you the contact info for a dealer that has a USED '04 silver #9 for $28K.... :roll:

About your question: I don't have one yet, but I won't pay that much for one.

·
Registered
7 Posts
$30,000 question

I don't think that I would pay this even for a #9. Obviously tha buyer of a $30,000 Prius has the money to spend, but it would be out of my price-range. Maybe if it were a 6 cylinder with a larger vehicle I might consider it.

·
Registered
81 Posts
If that gave you access to better features

I'd pay more if it bought you valuable options.

More comfortable seats would be a nice optional upgrade. The Prius seats are not bad, but there are better.

Factory leather, if you like that.

Computer upgrades that improve the indash screen, and allow you to tie your laptop and do interesting things (like the florida accessories guy Dave does, but better)

Or a navigator/computer that allows you to custom program and upgrade easily. I get the impression that this system is pretty much stuck in what it is when you get it, with little room for software improvements.

Upgrades to the suspension/handling, for less sway, better tracking like the European models?

As it stands, Toyota isn't really custom-making the cars you order, just making standards with packages with some attention to dealer requests, and then the dealer grabs one like your order when it comes in. Maybe that's part of the cost-effective mfg. formula that is necessary. Toyota should be praised for keeping the general price point this low!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts