Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2020 Prius Prime's battery recently died, and I brought it into the dealership I had leased it from. Still being under warrantee they said I was entitled to a replacement battery but with this year's supply chain issues they currently did not have any batteries in stock and would have to keep the car until they came in and lend me a Camry until then. Apparently there are currently 30 customers waiting for replacement batteries at my dealership, and one has been waiting since August (over three months). I asked if they would compensate for a 3rd party battery but they said they could not. After three weeks of not hearing any update I've tried to reach my service tech but he hasn't called me back. So with no idea when I'll get the car back and having to pay the current exorbitant prices rather than charging my Prime, I'm losing money each week. Any thoughts on my options?

·
Registered
7 Posts
That sounds crazy that the dealership has 30 other customers before you waiting for traction batteries. Quite unusual. Please keep us posted. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts