Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know the outcome of removing those ugly airbag warning stickers placed on both the driver and passengerside sunvisors? I'm told by the dealer than removal will leave a slight indentation and some sticky residue that cannot be removed; that is to say it will be visible. What do you think?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Its true. I tried to remove one and all I got was some messed up edges and torn fabric. Lucly I did not do enough damage for anyone to notice. I think those things are ugly and should be removable. I might look into seeing if replacement visors have those stickers on them and get them replace if they dont.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I think they're mandated by law as a safety precaution aren't they? Because airbags can be dangerous, they come with warning labels. Of course some people prefer to remain oblivious, or already know and don't need warning, but a label is usually a happy compromise.

But that ugly really? I think they look ok, when I notice them at all, which is pretty much never even when they're down. If you really dislike them so... I don't know. Maybe cover them with something else like another sticker you like better?

I could say something sarcastic like "if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out" or just "chill out" but I won't. :wink:

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Essentially not removable without leaving an ugly tell-tale trace of it's former presence.

I suggest getting some sun visor organizer and/or CD holder that slips on. Still ugly, but at least it's useful.

·
Registered
211 Posts
efusco said:
I suggest getting some sun visor organizer and/or CD holder that slips on.
Good idea. If one wants to get fancy and sunvisor fashion is paramount, I suppose some type of custom slip cover could be made. If simply blacking it out is preferable, a few careful seconds with a permanent marker should do it. Again, I'd just cover it with another sticker or something if it bothered me.

But really, I don't see the problem...

When I'm using the visors, first of all it's very bright outside where I'm looking and my eyes are both focused and adjusted to that. The visor is dark and out of focus by comparison... so how are people even seeing the graphic in ordinary use?

Are people just looking at it while parked? lol. Then the solution would be, don't! J/K... kinda

·
Registered
93 Posts
RobertBruce said:
Does anyone know the outcome of removing those ugly airbag warning stickers placed on both the driver and passengerside sunvisors? I'm told by the dealer than removal will leave a slight indentation and some sticky residue that cannot be removed; that is to say it will be visible. What do you think?
I removed mine within the first week of ownership. Come to think of it, that was exactly two years ago! I found a blog related to the subject and followed their recommendations without a hitch. There is a slight indentation where the sticker "used to be" but it is not at all noticeable.

The technique is as follows:

Preheat an electric iron. Place a damp washcloth onto the offending sticker. Place iron on washcloth for several seconds. Keep checking for sticker to begin loosening its grip by pulling on it. The sticker will probably stretch and/or tear so keep a trash can nearby. Repeat process until stickers are no longer. (Important: Make sure to keep washcloth damp.)

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
theforce said:
:lol: Thats great! I'll have to print that one out. Now I just need something similar on the driver side. :D
heh.. you might wanna correct the spelling error though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.