Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love my new car with one exception. When ever I'm driving with the sun at my back it is really hard to see the MFD clearly. Has anybody else had this problem and if so what did you do to solve it, if anything.

·
Registered
4,873 Posts
There is a "sunshade" sold on "E" bay for the MFD and maybe advertised here if you go back far enough. Helps a little bit but not enough and I discarded mine a year ago. The car works wonderfully without the MFD and it can certainly be ignored when you can't see it.
Just remember where the AC auto switch is located on the screen and ditto the button for your favorite radio station. There are times when that screen plainly disappears.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
It is worse if you wear polarized sunglasses. If you do (and I do) you will find if you tilt your head one direction the screen completely goes out, but if you tilt the opposite direction it becomes easier to see. The sloshing sound you hear as you tilt has nothing to do with the car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.