Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone found a good fitting sun-shield for a 2004? I've tried one of those 'magic shades' from Wal-Mart, but while it said Prius 2001+ it didnt' fit all that well.

I asked at the Toy of O dealership yesterday, but they didn't have anything.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
I've been using one by Axius in my '04. It's an 'accordion-fold' bright shiny silver one that I found at a local store chain. It's a little 'short', but it holds in place well. (The furthest forward 2" of the dash don't get covered, but it definitely helps.) I had tried various sunshades that had been in my other cars, but they didn't fit, either.

·
Registered
248 Posts
It’s a done deal. Check it out I should not do this as it is not in my own interest, but they are giving one away in August. Go and sign up for the drawing. I will order one when I don’t win. I never win nutt’en

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
The CanvasWorks front shade is a good fit. I would ask them to stitch the Velcro strap in place and not just use glue (it pulls off at high temps), and it sags away from the window a bit (which allows some hot air to circulate; hard to fix this without adding a stiffener rod or two). But even as-is it helps a lot and I recommend it as worthwhile. Just remember to park facing north, not south :_> (vice versa in the Southern hemisphere).

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sweet, I just ordered mine via the PriusChat link.

Hey TechnoMage, that you on I-95 South yesterday?

·
Registered
299 Posts
I purchased a Super Jumbo Mega Gigantic one at Kragens and it's about 1.5 inches too big. This causes it to sag a little, but it's better than the Giant accordian folding one I had that left the bottom 4 inches uncovered.

I like this new one as it is 2 pieces (hooped) that will fold down small enough to fit under the seat!! I may have to check out CanvasWorks anyway.

·
Registered
623 Posts
I got the Canvasworks one, and it works fine, fits well. Unfortunately, this has been the summer that wasn't here in Fargo. Coolest in 12 years. I think I only used the sunshield 6 or 7 times, and only really needed it 2 or 3 times.

I guess they make one for the rear window also. I'll probably get that one next year and hope for a real summer.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts