Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am interested in details about carbon monoxide induced suicide using a Prius. Would the low emissions of the Prius inhibit a SUCCESSFUL suicide within an enclosed garage? Would connecting a hose from the exhaust to the passenger compartment be more reliable and efficient?

·
Registered
508 Posts
I said to a friend who does amateur stand-up comedy "I wanna kill myself with car exhaust in the garage... but I drive a Prius, so it's gonna take forEVER!!!" He asked if he coud use it in his act. I said sure, he used it... crickets. Oh well. We thought it was funny.

But seriously... are you serious? If so, for the love of all that's good and holy, get help.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I find this ignorant rather than amusing.

It's not just about carbon monoxide. Running a prius in a closed garage is still not safe. Combustion still results in consumption of oxygen which you need to breath.

Other than that bit of safety information, I would suggest ignoring general troll.

·
Registered
133 Posts
suicide by Prius

I think everyone is missing the point.

The Prius is environmentally friendly, saves money on fuel costs, is fun to sneek up on people walking in the driving lanes of parking lots and the engine shuts off after about 45 seconds after it starts making it the only car to make it impossible to die from inhalation of any type of fumes.

Geeze this car just keeps on giving. Will it ever end??? :wink:

·
Registered
236 Posts
Thomme said:
I said to a friend who does amateur stand-up comedy "I wanna kill myself with car exhaust in the garage... but I drive a Prius, so it's gonna take forEVER!!!" He asked if he coud use it in his act. I said sure, he used it... crickets. Oh well. We thought it was funny.

But seriously... are you serious? If so, for the love of all that's good and holy, get help.

That's like the joke...

I don't like going up escalators. The last time I was riding one I tripped and fell down the stairs for a half hour.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Seven7 said:
That's like the joke...

I don't like going up escalators. The last time I was riding one I tripped and fell down the stairs for a half hour.
Which reminds me of a Mitch Hedburg quote "An escalator can never break. It can only become stairs."

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
But the big argument in the news today is about Assisted suicide...

like pointing an empty gun at a police officer...

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
I too was going to say you are more likely to die of suffocation than CO poisoning. But then, CO poisoning is essentially suffocation. Your blood can't detach the CO where oxygen molecules should be, so it can't carry any oxygen to your cells

1 - 11 of 11 Posts