Toyota Prius Forum banner

Stupid New Owner Question

6K views 18 replies 12 participants last post by  DanMan32 
#1 ·
Where, oh where, is the Lifetime MPG displayed?

bluetooth, no problem (MOT V600).

voice command, other functions, fabulous.

MPG Bismarck to Detroit Lakes - 40
MPG Detroit Lakes to Saint Paul - 45 (am I learning already or is this a fluke? -- a little of each, I suspect)

But I can't find LIFETIME. Help, please.

#5 ·
human24 said:
You mean people are doing MATH?!?!?
Oh, Goodness NO! See, you write down the numbers when you buy gas, then put the numbers in the Magic Box, apply Excel to the numbers, and the Magic Box gives the answer. However, I like Hep's method better. His is based on his caffeine intake, after all.

Vroom vroom!! :)

#6 ·
So...after 528 miles, exactly 46.246824 MPG! That's 11.561706 MPQ! Road/Winter/Breakin miles! How much can the error be after just two fillups? 15%? If the pump shut off early last time and another gallon could fit in, I'm still getting exactly 42.522348 MPG. Can somebody give me the formula for km/tablespoon?

#9 ·
coloradospringsprius said:
flare said:
my lifetime is 329874175098437832018749327105831207483721097532871409832 mpg
I don't believe you - how could you be getting the exact same mileage I am?
I don't know what makes me think of it, but yesterday was Pi day. We had lemon meringue.

#12 ·
human24 said:
Where, oh where, is the Lifetime MPG displayed?
Three places: 8)

!. your bank account

2. your positive environmental contribution

3. your legacy to your children & grandchildren

#14 ·
sadly, this is one item that the Honda hybrids have, but the Prius does not. (Hondas have a user-resettable MPG odometer, and a non-resettable lifetime MPG indicator.)

If you have a Classic Prius, just never hit the Reset button or have your 12v battery disconnected for a long time.

If you have a 2004+ Prius, sorry, the MPG odometer automatically resets whenever you fill up your gas tank. (if you never put in more than 3 gallons of gas at a time, it may not reset, but...)

most people just keep notes on how much gas they fill their Prius with, and then divide by the miles on the odometer to get your lifetime MPG.

#19 ·
SkipHuffman said:
Sanny said:
human24 said:
You mean people are doing MATH?!?!?
Oh, Goodness NO!
I do mine in my head while driving away from the pump.

Don't trust the magic box. That just gives you the numbers THE MAN wants you to have.

I have a little black book in the center console where I record such things.
Me too! Has a calculator built into it. Then I transfer the info to a spreadsheet I store in my USB flashdrive fob, using a PC of course.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.