Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am finding just recently (since my first 1000km service) that I get a really weird consumption reading when I have the engine engaged, but have come to a stop and have pressed the "P" park button. I often find this when I go to pick a friend up from work; I drive approx 10kms (4Miles?) and then stop, put the car into park and wait approx 5 minutes for my friend to come out to where I am waiting. During this time the air-con is not running, the only accessory that is running is the radio and I cannot hear the petrol engine at all. However suddenly when the consumption metre for that 5 minutes clicks over it is showing that the engine consumed 10L/100KM for that 5 minutes I was sitting idle. This is very stange as I know it isn't using any petrol, when running the car for the first 5 minutes I never use more than 7L/100KM. It seems to be a computer glitch but the concern I have is that it is interfering with my overall consumption readings indicating that on average I am using more petrol than I acrually should be.

Has anyone had a similar experience, any guidance would be appreciated! Thanks!

·
Registered
319 Posts
Its not wrong, its just if you sit there for about 4 mins, it determines that you didn't drive, and that all that 5 min bar can go off of is the 1 min of driving you did bofore you stopped. So if you drove fast to his house, then stop, the reading will be low.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
mmhmm. I agree with Brian. You can have 0.0L/100km for 4mins and have 1 min at 99.9L/100km and the average would show a full bar graph.

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
Switch to the energy screen, and you will truly know if the HV battery did not get low, and ICE did not run. DC/DC converter to maintain 12V also uses HV battery.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts