Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was going Home Yesterday listening to the Radio pretty LOUD and as I was going up a hill the ICE kicked in and at that moment the radio got quieter. It was like someone turned the radio down for a second and then back up again. Has anyone noticed this before and is this a sign of maybe a weak alternator or battery?

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
Definitely no to the first (the Prius has no alternator), and probably no to the second. has it happened more than once? Did you accidentally hit the dial or voice command buttons on the steering wheel? That mutes the stereo.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
hmmm, the only thing I can think of is if you buy a Strange Stereo, you are bound to have problems. :(

·
Registered
31 Posts
It may have just been a coincidence. Radio stations control the volume before it even gets to you. Some DJ could have knocked the levels down by accident and then raised them right back up.

Or your car is haunted.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Uttley said:
Or your car is haunted.
OR, maybe the radio has a bladder, too, and they never told us ?? :eek:

·
Premium Member
888 Posts
Uttley said:
It may have just been a coincidence. Radio stations control the volume before it even gets to you. Some DJ could have knocked the levels down by accident and then raised them right back up.

Or your car is haunted.
Absolutly true. Well, not the haunted part.

Recently the local Top 40 station's volume levels have been much lower than the rest of the local stations indicating that their output level is somehow lower than it was a few days ago. Means I have to keep messing with my volume as I go from their station to another.

No, I don't like Top 40 that much, but sometimes it is ok.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.