Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had an occasional problem with a driver's door handle that sticks, or catches a little when opened from the inside. The dealer's tech couldn't duplicate the problem, but squirted a lubricant (maybe WD-40?) in both front door handle mechanisms. This was several months ago. It did not fix the problem, but did result in a streak down each front door whenever the car gets wet in the rain or when I wash it.
Also, I get a rubber-like residue on the inside of the glass when any of the windows are lowered to a partially open position. I thought this might eventually stop, but I have had the car nearly two years, and it is still evident.
Anybody out there experienced either of these things, and found a solution? Granted, these are not major complaints, and I really enjoy my Prius.
These issues are not related, as the residue has occured since day one, and the sticking door handle is more recent.

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
Some lubricants are not compatible with rubber. They may have to remove the inner panel, clean it all up, and replace any rubber parts that have deteriorated as a result of using the wrong materials.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts