Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So who leaves the factory stickers on their car, and who removes them?

I'm specifically thinking of the PZEV logo sticker on the driver's side back door window and the "Press P to Engage Park" sticker below the "Park" button on the dashboard. I'm sure there are others I'm forgetting.

Are these meant to just be showroom ornamentation, or are them meant to be permanent "decorations"?

They're the kind of thing I've looked at every day without a thought to whether they should still be there. Until today.

·
Registered
232 Posts
mine are still on......(purchased March 31)

·
Registered
32 Posts
??? Mine didn't come with "P"sticker ???
I still have the window decal.

·
Registered
669 Posts
I left the window decal, but removed the ones on the dash about the CD changer and "Park".

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Astrowoman said:
I left the window decal, but removed the ones on the dash about the CD changer and "Park".
Yeah, I'm debating removing the ones on the dash too, but I'm afraid that since I've already left them on for almost a year, it'll take a blowtorch to get the glue to release.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Good to know. I work for a company that sells a lot of its electronic hardware B-stock to employees, and I just bought a doodad with a giant "REFURBISHED" sticker right across the face. Upside-down, no less. And that sucker don't wanna come off. grr... Mebbe I'll try the stuff for that too.

·
Premium Member
888 Posts
My CD changer sticker had a pull tab on it. I'm leaving the window sticker in place and I'm leaving the park button sticker in place. Neither of them hurt to be there. It kind of leaves the vehicle in "original" condition.

·
Registered
71 Posts
i never even noticed the window sticker....I assumed it was meant to stay on the car.
the dashboard stickers came off the first week I had the car.

·
Registered
66 Posts
The "Press P to Engage Park" sticker was removed within the first few months as it began to look a bit ratty. Besides, I figured that since "normal" shifters do not instruct the driver as to what "P" means, why should mine?

The PZEV logo sticker will remain on my window (right next to an added sticker of nearly the same size for the Union of Concerned Scientists).

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey, whaddaya know. I started fiddling with the "Park" sticker, and it came right off nice 'n clean, even after being there for the better part of a year.

I bet Detroit can't make a sticker that comes off this neatly. (I'm talkin' to you, Hyperion... :wink: )

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Ya know, until this thread came up, I never noticed that there was a sticker under the Park button. But this morning I looked, and there it is! Imagine that. I figger I'll leave it there for the car wash guys. Tho, why I think that an English sticker is going to help, I dunno. But they're a neat bunch, and they do well by Little Prius. Maybe LP should have a bath today, speaking of which...

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sanny, if you're anything like me, sure... you'll leave it there for a while... then it will start bugging you... why is it there?... I don't need it... is it even meant to still be there?... mebbe I'll just scratch at one little corner to see how well it's stuck on there... aagh! Now it looks terrible! Get it off! Get it off! Get it off!

I'm OCD that way.

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
The Park sticker will develop blisters and get brittle. I'll probably remove it when it gets real warm, and get the goo off, before it starts to yellow and get too hard. I'm afraid to use any chemicals on the plastic dash, though. The CD sticker is paper, and doesn't apear to be adhered too strongly. I'd rather get them off cleanly now than have a partial removal later. They clearly won't last forever, so they must go!

·
Registered
81 Posts
KTPhil said:
The Park sticker will develop blisters and get brittle. I'll probably remove it when it gets real warm, and get the goo off, before it starts to yellow and get too hard. I'm afraid to use any chemicals on the plastic dash, though. The CD sticker is paper, and doesn't apear to be adhered too strongly. I'd rather get them off cleanly now than have a partial removal later. They clearly won't last forever, so they must go!
European Priuses come without any sticker!

And I don't know why in the USA there has to be all these writings: "Warning, object are closer than what they appear" I mean, it's obvious, it's a concave mirror!
"Warning, contains hot coffee" I damn well hope so, that's what I asked for, just try to serve me cold coffee....

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
The.Tramp said:
..."Warning, contains hot coffee" I damn well hope so, that's what I asked for, just try to serve me cold coffee....
I got cold coffee at Starbarks yesterday. Very disappointing. I got a mile or so away, and realized they'd not heated the milk for the latte. Ptui. Iced is iced, and hot is hot. Tepid isn't. :(

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Sanny said:
The.Tramp said:
..."Warning, contains hot coffee" I damn well hope so, that's what I asked for, just try to serve me cold coffee....
I got cold coffee at Starbarks yesterday. Very disappointing. I got a mile or so away, and realized they'd not heated the milk for the latte. Ptui. Iced is iced, and hot is hot. Tepid isn't. :(
Milk in the coffee. Milk in the coffee? Would you draw a mustache on the Mona Lisa? It's like A1 on a New York Strip. Ketchup on meatloaf. When you've got something that is just right, leave it alone!

Or are you just trying to push my buttons?
If so, well done. But I'm an easy target. :)

·
Registered
121 Posts
Stickers, decals...

I moved the PHEV sticker to the little triangle window behind the driver's passenger seat. I removed all of the other ones.

I am going to apply Prius decals from a guy at priuschat.

I also bought two bumperstickers:

Dog is my CoPilot

and

Dogs Bless America (from bubbasgear)

No comment from dog in question. He's yet to get a ride.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Hep said:
Milk in the coffee. Milk in the coffee? Would you draw a mustache on the Mona Lisa? It's like A1 on a New York Strip. Ketchup on meatloaf. When you've got something that is just right, leave it alone!

Yes, milk in the coffee. And as for Mona's mustache, if she was a true Itralian chick, she probably already had one. :p (takes one to know one, btw) And ketchup is good on meatloaf, if the meatloaf isn't particularly spectacular in the first place. Actually, though, think of it as coffee in the milk - that way you can pretend that I'm just improving on the milk, rather than sullying the coffee.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Sanny said:
Hep said:

Yes, milk in the coffee. And as for Mona's mustache, if she was a true Itralian chick, she probably already had one. :p (takes one to know one, btw) And ketchup is good on meatloaf, if the meatloaf isn't particularly spectacular in the first place. Actually, though, think of it as coffee in the milk - that way you can pretend that I'm just improving on the milk, rather than sullying the coffee.
Improving on the milk. You are good! I bet you are a fine lawyer. And Italian? No wonder you and melgish are always ganging up on me!

:)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts