Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for cloth steering wheel cover for my '06 Prius. I can't find any that fits because the Prius steering wheel is smaller than normal. I went to the Toyota dealer, and they only have one that "might" fit, and it's leather. Most places I search for online also only has leather steering wheel covers.

I don't want leather because i don't want to burn up my hands. hence the cloth cover. Anyone know where i can find one that fits the Prius?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's like asking why do I want to buy the Prius. I just want it. :wink:

But if you really want a reason, let's just say I'm a serious burn victim, and can't touch anything over 67 degrees F.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Yes, I do know you said cloth. Some of the vendors of sheep products/fleece have shearling ones. They're very soft and nice, and are cool/warm/whatever you need. And they stretch to fit. They come all curled and little, with light elastic. I saw some last week at a sheep fest in Maryland.

Maybe that?

·
Premium Member
2,815 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, I can find plenty of covers everywhere. Pep Boys, Kragan, even Walmart has them, even in nice non-shaggy cloth ones. But they are all too big! They are all sized for regular steering wheels, not for the tiny Prius wheel. That's my problem right now. :cry:

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
could do a 'wrap' type instead of other kind. then you could have it as long or as not long as you want. just keep wrapping until it's enough.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
make one out of whatever fabric feels good to you. :) Go to fabric store and pick a fabric or ribbon. or ace bandages. lol

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.