Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just purchase a 05' prius, wondering if the steering wheel buttons light-up, mine are very dim to see at night. I adjusted the dash lights (wheel dimmer) but no change to steering button switches. :?:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Nope - they are just dim, no way to change the brightness. One thing I did notice last night is that if you turn the interior light dimmer all the way up it switches the MFD back to day light color instead of the darker night color scheme.

Cheers,
Jeff

·
Registered
64 Posts
They light up? Is that something new with the 2005? I hardly ever look down at the buttons, I do them by feel.

·
Registered
68 Posts
like anything else, you'll probably memorize the placement of each button and within weeks be able to do things without even looking at the steering wheel...

·
Premium Member
888 Posts
I find in the dark of night, especially if I have my spedo dimmed down a little more than the max bright (w/headlights on) level the illuminated buttons are just the right brightness. They are not meant to be bright like the dash, but enough light that you can notice them there and the light can assist you in finding the button you wish to use.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts