Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dave your website says:

iPod Interfaces with menus, text and full control from your factory radio!!

So are you basically saying everything you can do on the iPOD itself you can do with the controls and touch screen?

Any thing you can share with us at this time? Any screen shots?

·
Registered
35 Posts
The Prius touch screen offers quite a few more options for intelligent control as compared to the iPOD interfaces we have created for the GM, Chrysler models and the interfaces for the standard radios. The full production for each of the versions will become available around early July. I will post some screen shots, a features list and disclose some of the unique programming which is included in the interface as we get nearer to the distribution. Have a great holiday.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Dave. Any idea what this will cost? Sounds like something I will definately be ordering.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Dave, will this be able to work with the XM Sat and Viewtech Audio/Video interface?

·
Registered
1 Posts
*bump* IPOD Interface

Dave,

*BUMP*

Any updates as to when this will be released? Four more days left in July!

Thanks,

J

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My wallet has a hole burning in it to order this product as soon as Coastal tech says they are ready.

Hey Dave need any guinea pigs to test it?

·
Registered
319 Posts
It'll be interesting to see what this interface does, due to the failure of other versions to work right, or to work as well as expected.

Not that I'm anxious or anything...

·
Registered
80 Posts
DanMan32 said:
I'm waiting for Toyota's version. OK, not officially for the Prius, but I bet it will work with the right harness!
Did Toyota anounce that they are coming out with one?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'd love see something where they throw out the often unused cassette deck and in it's place there's something like the slot for your key where you slid your iPod in and it engages with your sound system.

How cool would that be!

·
Registered
319 Posts
spinsLPs said:
I'd love see something where they throw out the often unused cassette deck and in it's place there's something like the slot for your key where you slid your iPod in and it engages with your sound system.

How cool would that be!
If the 2006 comes with a setup like that, I'll be trying to do a retrofit...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Coastal Dave,

Are there any updates on this? I understand that you don't want to be pinned down about a release date, but perhaps you could just give a "best guess" -- i.e. some sort of best/worst case "range." How far along is it in the developement cycle? Is it potentially still 3 months away, or 6 months, or a year?

On a similar note, do you have some sort of guess as to the general price range yet? Again, even the vaguest guess would be appreciated.

Any information on this -- even a wild guess -- would be greatly appreciated. I'm wondering if I should go ahead and get one of the other car kit products as an "interim" product while I wait for yours to come out.

Thanks,

Larry

·
Registered
27 Posts
Ipod adapter from Toyota

DanMan32 said:
That's what parts department told me a few months ago. Someone mentioned it was an option on an different model.
Hey DanMan32, have you heard anymore on if Toyota was coming out with an Ipod adapter for the Prius? If so, will it work with Navagation? I see Best Buy has a ICE plus Ipod adapter for the Prius, but it states right on the box that it is NOT compatible with the Prius with Navagation.

Thanks!!!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts