Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2004 Prius lost power to the gas pedal 2 days ago, leaving me on the side of the freeway waiting to be towed. I was driving along and all of a sudden my speedometer stayed at 53 mph and when I pressed on the gas nothing happened. The orange triangle warning light came on along with the check ingine light. The dealer had no idea why this happened and the car seemed to be fine once they took a look at it.

They thought it might be a gas gauge thing. I had let it get to one bar the day before, put a couple of gallons in it at that time, and then later that night, filled it up. Drove to work the next morning, no problem and then on the way home had the problem. Anyone else had this happen or heard of this?

·
Premium Member
2,820 Posts
what model year, and what were the stored codes?

did the gasoline engine completely turn off (electric only), how much gasoline was in the car, or did your speed resume once you pressed harder on the accelerator? were you definately in Drive, or perhaps in B or N?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's a 2004, don't know the codes. Gas tank was on one bar when I put in a couple of gallons in the morning. That night I filled it up, drove home and drove to work for about 45 min. the next morning. Had gotten about 6 miles from work on my way when it happened. Was in Drive.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts