Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Apparently, this post got lost in the shuffle. For those classic Prius owners who haven't received it yet, the following is an extract:

"On certain 2001 through mid-2003 Model Year Prius vehicles, there is a possibility that a very small amount of electrolyte may seep from the HV Battery around one or more of the positivie HV battery terminals. If this should occur under high humidity conditions, the HV Battery Computer will detect a drop in the resistance and illuminate the Master Warning Light and Hybrid System Malfunction Warning Light...

"To insure that you are not inconvenienced by these symptoms, Toyota would like to inspect and repair the HV Battery in your vehicle by opening, cleaning and re-sealing the positive HV battery terminals. Your Toyota dealer will conduct this service at NO COST to you... The labor time necessary is approximately 5 hours. However, depending upon the dealer's work schedule and the ambient temperature, it may be necessary to make your vehicle available for a longer period of time..."

===========

Has anyone experienced the failures noted or had this repair done, yet?

·
Registered
381 Posts
Just got the one for my wife's car today; will likely schedule it for my next day off work, so that we can let them have it for the day and I can take her to/from work in mine.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The Toyota Service Tech said that this wasn't urgent, so I am going to wait a couple of thousand miles until the next oil change & service...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yep, I got my notice for my 2003 Prius, the first appointment available at the Seattle dealership was late November!!!!! they can only service 1 battery a day, takes all day!

Good thing my car's been trouble-free in 38,000 miles!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Bad Fung Shui

In Florida I got a morning appointment in less than a week,they said it needed to be "overnight cold" so it would take more than a day.After the second day I called and they had done nothing because they had to special order the parts.They provided work order and price for parts is $389 which is covered.Toyota should send dealers the parts when they send out the notices,they should also tell dealers how to conduct service campaigns.This experience highlights how dependent on the dealership and their supply chain I am which is what I tell people first when asked about the car.I will keep all y'all notified of the completion.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Good to know; I can let my dealer know far enough in advance so that they can order the parts early, I can drop it off the night before, and still pick it up when I'd expect to (since it's my wife's car and will affect her more than me).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts