Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello:

I am the very proud owner of a 2007 Prius. I bought it about a week ago to replace my work-horse commuter car and I absolutely love it.

I live in Lake Tahoe but commute to Reno. This is about 100 miles round trip. In the winter, Tahoe can get some heavy snow and I always did great with my FWD (Automatic, 4cyl.) Mitsubishi Galant and my Spike-Spiders on. I can pop them on and off in two or three minutes without getting dirty and they always worked fabulously. Sometimes when I would go up a somewhat steep snowy hill, I’d put my car in the “1” or “2” gear. I don’t know that I needed to put I was told it was helpful so I always did.

My questions are:

1. Anyone out there used their Prius with Spiders on? I just had my hubs put on the Prius but haven’t used them yet. I usually use them about 6 to 7 times a year.

2. What about gears “1” and “2”? They are usually options on automatic cars. What does the Prius do for this?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.